The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: running a turbine housing w/ crack in wastegate passage

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

running a turbine housing w/ crack in wastegate passage

I am getting ready to turbo my 7g. It is a stock block sohc. I have a good 14b, but there is a pretty big crack where the flapper closes.

Will it hurt any thing to run this housing....I figure worst case senario is i won't build as much boost. Not a big deal since i am running the stock block and only want 5 psi.

Any opinions?

Proto
    isnt worth boosting for 5psi. 10 atleast. and its bad to run a cracked housing.

how big is the crack? its pretty had to find a 14b without a crack around that opening
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

With a 14b you can't physically run under 7-8 psi unless you have an external gate or a custom actuator. You can always get a new housing for fairly cheap if you keep your eye out.

222whp/250wtq

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    As long as its just a hairline crack and nothing huge, then you wont have any problems. Mines has a hairline crack or two and Ive still been able to crank it up to 22psi.

If it worries you, can always try to find a new/used aftermarket housing.f
    7g for life!