The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Widest tyre size.

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Widest tyre size.

If you guys wouldn't mind, what is the widest tyre someone has stuffed under the fenders of an 8G Galant. I am going with Evo rims since they are cheap, wide, and pretty light. And they clear the Evo brakes, go figure. I am toying with what tyre size to put on. I would like to stick with the stock Evo size tyre (235/45R17) or maybe a little wider (245/40R17) I have the Progress springs on my car now, which will probably be traded out for a spring with a softer spring rate, as I already have sway bars on the car, and these springs SUCK on the street. In the long run I will either be going with the TEIN S Techs, the Luxury Tech springs, or Tanabe DF210s. I already plan on having the rear fenders rolled.

Thanks guys.
    1990 Nissan RPHS13 - RB what?

2000 Galant ES - For Sale

Wow for a second I thought you were British or Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by DNSerrano
    Wow for a second I thought you were British
    I am. :-) Been here in the US since I was 8.

I knew it! Because of the tyre vs US saying tire. Anyway your best bet is to go with standard Evo 17" size, which is 235/45/17 like you said, you can go wider but that's just my personal opinion on the matter. Either way the ride should not be that harsh and Evo brakes are great on the Galant

with a drop 245 will rub unless you cut out the rear fenders and pull the fronts due to the low offset of EVO wheels. stick with 235 or even 225.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    with a drop 245 will rub unless you cut out the rear fenders and pull the fronts due to the low offset of EVO wheels. stick with 235 or even 225.
    Cool. Thanks fellas. 235s are what I am gonna be doing in the long run. I found a set of Evo 8s here for 500 with tyres.

your going about it all wrong, look here

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    225 will definatelly fit fine
    i have 235 on my 19's but due to the low offset and width of my wheels they would styick out just a bit without the jdm fender flares

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22

That is a great site, but I am looking for more practical knowledge. There is only so far you can go with just numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenixVR4
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22

That is a great site, but I am looking for more practical knowledge. There is only so far you can go with just numbers.
    Actually that site seems rather accurate. The only thing you need outside of that is real world knowledge.

Though in this case a 235/45-17 fits our cars on a EVO wheel, clears EVO brakes, and works with rolled fenders when lowered.

I say stick with 235's, anything wider would be pushing it. Our G's aren't made for wide wheels/tires, unless you do some heavy modding in the rear end of the car.