The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 335 wheel horsepower on usdm 6g72 motor

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Censee

335 wheel horsepower on usdm 6g72 motor

i was looking on club3g site,,,and there is a guy on there with a v6 eclipse putting out 335 wheel hp...402bhp......using the rippmods Supercharger...how much hp u think we can reach,,,with our galant..i know it differs somewhat from the eclipse,with the trannies..

we can get that kinda power with the galant. we have to build up that tranny. send it to level10 or similar place to get that bad boy built up strong. hell, slap on that blower, in conjunction with like a 6 pack. fi ur crazy run nitrous with that too, man ur gonna have mad problems getting the car dynoed cuz off the traction problems ur gonna have with all that power going to the wheels lol

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Censee
    335 wheel hp is sweet....im really saving up my pennes for this SC.....hopefully i can reach these type of numbers..

Gilhuly
    I don't think that is on stock internals, is it? I seem to remember that people are topping out around 275 area whp as far as safe power.

SuperchargedGTZ
    actually.....the 335whp/405 crank is with the engine that WAS in RIPPs stratus. that engine was sold to Whiteknight of clug 3G (his car is the white eclipse that gets all the new shit first, test bed)

now, guys on STOCK internals using the afr with the rpm fix, are getting from 260-300whp. this is dependent on tranny. the guys with the 5 speeds are getting really high numbers...Matt (from 3G) put down 296 with a good tune on the afr with the rpm fix.

there are only a couple that have internals running the sc, and that is because they either abused their engine outside capabilities (like screwing the the BOV to get more air into the engine) LOTS OF AIR + Not enough fuel = Fuc#$@ Up Piston

but yes are auto trannys are the weak link as we all know, but they are stronger than the sportys. but i think mine is starting to slip a little. i really cant tell....but i am pretty sure

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I heard about that guyz car.. Wish i could get numbers like those without the damn nitrous..lol.. I sent my tranny to level ten already, was the first guy on the board with the TC and i think the first to have it bulletproofed, had no choice really couldnt get the power to the ground, just got a lot of tire spin..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Censee
    hey GTZ27...if ure trannies slipping,what re u gonna do?????i am savingp for this kit on my v6 and dont want to run into any major problems.....would bulletproofing be enough to handle that kind of power the eclipse motor,or your motor is pushig

SuperchargedGTZ
    that is a good question...i am going to ask RIPP about that today. i mean i still have gobs of power.....and the tranny shifts fine....i am probably just paranoid.

dont let this prevent you from getting the kit. the power is unbelievable, and the kit is only getting better from what ross is telling me.

Censee
    thanks gtz27......hope everything goes well....oh and by the way,are u pushing for higher numbers????is ross still working on makingthis kit better?????thanks anyways....oh and (DONT SELLTHE CAR)..

Gilhuly
    Here's the article on the original Stratus R/T that the motor was in.
    http://www.spiketrap.com/stratus/turbomag