The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 95 galant ES hot idle problems

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

95 galant ES hot idle problems

Hey guys i just bought a 95 galant 135k car starts fine when its cold once it warms up the idles drops and the car stalls. Things i have noticed that might be a problem but i am new to this car.

1. the Evap cansiter is broken in the front so i removed it and blocked off the hoses.

2. i adjusted the idle up to about 900rpms and the car starts fine cold or hot just idles a little high.

Does anyone have any suggestions i live in ny its inspected and could care less about emmisons, i dont know if its a emmissions problem but if anyone suggest to just remove the evap and i was reading that you can remove the egr cause that can cause idle problems. i would appreciate any help with this car thank you

First you might want to replace the canister, then you can try the easy adjustment - Biss screw, and PCV valve, Check for vacuum leaks and adjust your TPS depending on how inclined you are

^^ what he said

cleaning the throttlebody can also help idle your idle. and lastly your IAC motor might need to be replaced also. i would do the ohter 4 things to help the idle before replacing the iac, since thats a $130 part. you can actually take it out to test it if its still good.

i am not very inclined

thank you for your suggestions but i am not a electonic guru, what is a biss screw, where is the pvc valve and how do i check the tps sensor,
    thank you for your help,