The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Another question about tires

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Another question about tires

Alright im needing new tires. right now im riding on 215/40/18 toyo. well ive been around alot of used tire shops to get some use tires for now, well no one carries a 215/40/18. And my question is would there be alot of rubbing if i use a 225/40 or a 225/35 ? I wanna get 35 series, but im not sure if the 225 would rub alot. help me please.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I have a set of 19" rims that I run 235/35/19 tires on, and there was a lil rubbing in the back when I had people sitting in the back, but that was it. So i had the rear fenders shaved instead of rolled. But I am at stock height, it looks like urs is lowered right?

And my wheels are 8.5" wide, how wide are your wheels?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

225/40 18s fit perfectly, no rubbing at all

Experienced TGC Member
    I had 235/40/18 on my wheels. Only rubbing i ever had was when i had 4 people in the back seat.

7.5 on the wheels and yes i have drop springs, but here's the other part my shocks and struts are shot, so its a bit lower then the normal drop. so what yall are saying is i could still get 225/35/18's or 225/40's, but that it would only rub if there are people in the back? see it rubs without people in the back. i put a camber kit on the rear. im not sure if its cause the struts are out. what do yall think?

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Struts and shocks don't affect ride height, springs do. 225/40-18s fit on 18x7.5" wheels with a drop without rubbing.

they do if they're worn out. my stock shocks before replacement sat at least a full inch lower than the new kyb shocks. unless the kybs are just valved differently

thanks guys, this will be the 8th set ive been threw for the last two years now.

Quote Originally Posted by stolenstapler86
    they do if they're worn out. my stock shocks before replacement sat at least a full inch lower than the new kyb shocks. unless the kybs are just valved differently
    The kybs are valved differently. The spring affects ride height.

I would think you can go with either 225/40 or 225/35's, either one will work since your wheels are only 7.5" wide. But you need to get your shocks fixed, because it "is" affecting your height. I had a Pontiac back in the day with blown rear shocks, and it sat at least an inch or more lower. It does affect it b/c its not supporting the springs properly.
    So get that fixed and 225/40 would be my choice. 225/35 are better fit for 19" rims. No reason to shorten up the sidewall if you dont need to. Hope this helps.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by silver01g
    thanks guys, this will be the 8th set ive been threw for the last two years now.
    It's time to get an alignment.

yeah i get them like ever two months, i got a lifetime alignment with Firestone.

Every 2 Months?! Dang, do you hit curbs and dips for fun? You shouldnt need it that often at all... Mine has lasted the last 5 months @ least.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Well see i deliever pizzas in her. been doing it for two years, now going on three. so im driver her everyday non stop.

Quote Originally Posted by silver01g
    Well see i deliever pizzas in her. been doing it for two years, now going on three. so im driver her everyday non stop.
    DAMN! I bet that puts a LOT of miles on your G

You know I used to think when I was 16 how cool it would be to get to drive ur own caar and get paid for it, til I started added up repairs and gas and wear and tear, and was like man 4get that!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

yeah it cost, but money doesnt bother me. got her with 65,000 miles im at 126,000 now. she been good. drove her to florida and back then to the tx meets. i hate doing it, but i do ok. as long as i keep her checked up. thats the thing about having a car and fixing it up at that is spending money. but i dont worry about inelse she's down for awhile, like the time i bent the valves. she was out for a month. $1200 later she's good.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I'm running 225/40/18's and no rubbing not even with a full car. GR2's and S-Techs setup.