The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Question about Drivers Seat

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar

Question about Drivers Seat

Has any1 modified their Drivers seat to go back further than it does from the factory. If so what did you do?
    I'm 6'3", and my back gets irritated when Im driving (Especially long distance) bcz I need a inch or two more leg room space. So I want to try to modify the seat to go back more than it does already. I currently have it slid all the way back with the seat slightly reclined for comfort...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

um we all do :D, im 6'1 my seat is all the way back and reclined

Yeah but I want to fix it, not deal with it :?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Yeah but I want to fix it, not deal with it :?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

cut ur legs off :D
    I dunno lol

Drill another hole further and bolt it on.

:shock: Ok, a less invasive approach maybe...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    Drill another hole further and bolt it on.
    I thought of that but didnt know if I would drill into something, and damage it? Or if there was another seat bracket in a Mitsu that works for this problem... Have u tried this?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

all other seats pretty much sit the same, i know the 7g seats moved further back than the 8g tho....

I know that I want to do the 3G eclipse swap, but I know that wont change the leg room. Would youb know what kind of shop might be able to mod this?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Swap it to a 5spd, seriously, you will probably move the seat forward some, I know I did.

Hell, I'm 6'3" and I dont have much problems with the seat not going back far enough as I do just hitting my head on the roof of the car.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

It does seem like the gas pedal and brake pedal sit a lil higher than necessary for me. But the last time I did a auto 2 manual tranny swap on a car, I ruptured my spleen. :shock: I dont want to go fast anymore. :(
    JDM Zenki Conversion

is there a way to adjust the pedals?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    not really, the 3g seats sit a little lower though so that may help you and im sure you know of the height adjustment knob on the seat as well which may help if you werent aware of it...since the seats sit on threaded perches it wont be as easy as just extending the slider and bolting it in somewhere else, how far back do you need to go thugh lol? i know my stock seats when i was a/t and before the evo recaros they touched the rear bench as well so there is a limit

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    not really, the 3g seats sit a little lower though so that may help you and im sure you know of the height adjustment knob on the seat as well which may help if you werent aware of it...since the seats sit on threaded perches it wont be as easy as just extending the slider and bolting it in somewhere else, how far back do you need to go thugh lol? i know my stock seats when i was a/t and before the evo recaros they touched the rear bench as well so there is a limit
    You pretty much summed up what I was going to say. At 6'5" I just learned to live with it for a while. There's just not enough legroom for my left foot, and the seat has nowhere to go bc of the rear bench anyway. Discovering the height adjustment knob was a break through for me lol, but I'd love to try a seat that sits even lower.
    So how do you like those EVO recaros, and are they from an 8?

I need like one or two inches max and thats it. Well my stock seat is not hitting the rear seat yet, so I know I could afford a lil movement... I just dont know where to go or how to do this on my own.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    well i kinda learned to deal with it too since im about 6'3" and sometimes it sucks with people in the back, but hey unless your Shaq with money to spend, anything is possible at a shop that knows what they are doing

good luck with it tho, atleast you dont have my moms car :twisted: i cant drive that for shit bcuz im too tall

Quote Originally Posted by gtx
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    You pretty much summed up what I was going to say. At 6'5" I just learned to live with it for a while. There's just not enough legroom for my left foot, and the seat has nowhere to go bc of the rear bench anyway. Discovering the height adjustment knob was a break through for me lol, but I'd love to try a seat that sits even lower.
    So how do you like those EVO recaros, and are they from an 8?
    yea i have the ones from the 8
    qnz also has thembut he has the black/grey ones from the 9 which are nice also

the seats are great...there is no height adjustment really though but they do sit a little lower...they are perfect nice and snug and keep you from moving and sliding around

and considering they are racing seats they also do not have a lever to recline there is a knob for better precision although when wanting to lay back for a bit while waiting sucks because its a pan to get your hand in there lol....

they arent a direct fit though if your curious in geting them you will have to mod the stock rails and bolt them onto themor go with an aftermarket slider

pics of both of our interiors are floating around the site as well..i forgot to mention, i have the rest of the interior upholstered as well

qnz did not do so yet but he told me he is loking around for a place to do it

I see, thanks! Yeah I love the EVO seats, and your interior looks great with them.