The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: coilovers or springs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    DAMN, thats all i can say!

lol 207 so i see that you have met our resident mean guy. actually, warm isnt a bad or mean person at all once you get to know him. but you will be better off listening to his info. it is good to get on here and post up and ask questions but have you introduced yourself in the new users forum? anyway before we get off topic let talk suspension....search.... lol j/k im kind of the suspension guru along with another tim on here who is most likely to post now, so ill tell you this. a 4 inch drop on something can inadvertently upset the car by counteracting its suspension geometry. what you need and what you like needs to coincide a little better if you are building a functional car. if you want a show car then get some air bags and drop it as low as you want. a functional car will never really need that kind of drop to bring the center of gravity low enough to use it correctly. what is your budget like?

if you want a drop like that i would go with some teins or some megans coilover kits. if you put down some numbers on paper, if you factor in getting the coilover sleeves and then the cost of getting shocks and struts that were made to go on lowered vehicles, you're just about at the price of getting some megans or some teins.

i'll admit i have ground control coilovers and the koni shocks and struts and i love them. but i've also had them for years. when the setup was originally purchased, it was one of the best setups to have but if I were to do it again, I would so consider getting like a set of teins or megans and whatnot instead.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12