The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Megan springs

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Megan springs

are they compatible with stock struts n shocks???

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    No lowered springs are. Is that what you are asking? The only ones that are compatible with each other, are the coil overs.

WarmAndSCSI
    In all truth, you'll probably get 6-12 months of normal usage on the stock struts so long as they're currently in good condition. If you've already got a lot of mileage on them, their wear will be accelerated and you make get a few months on them.

It's always recommended to go with a set of struts/shocks that are meant for a drop. KYB GR-2 (even though they aren't warrantied for a drop) would be slightly better than stock; KYB AGX is optimal.

if you are asking if they will physically fit and the car run then yea it will work.

how long will they last? well, if you have more miles, the shorter they will last. thats obvious. but the lower you drop the car, the faster they will wear out too.

when i first dropped my car on springs, i kept the factory shocks and struts. lasted me like a week. if i had a shop do it, i would cry because i'd pay them again to redo the work with new shocks and struts. luckily i did it myself, so i didn't mind. but yea, if you are having someone else do it, i would at the least consider getting new shocks and struts just to save a headache down the road.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    In all truth, you'll probably get 6-12 months of normal usage on the stock struts so long as they're currently in good condition. If you've already got a lot of mileage on them, their wear will be accelerated and you make get a few months on them.

It's always recommended to go with a set of struts/shocks that are meant for a drop. KYB GR-2 (even though they aren't warrantied for a drop) would be slightly better than stock; KYB AGX is optimal.
    if thats the case, i'm good cuz i've already ordered a set of AGX's

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    No lowered springs are. Is that what you are asking? The only ones that are compatible with each other, are the coil overs.
    so your saying that coilover springs are compatible with the stock struts and shocks?

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomo2117 View Post
    so your saying that coilover springs are compatible with the stock struts and shocks?
    I think he means the combination of the strut/shock and spring that comes with a full coilover.

meh, you can drive on blown struts cant you? its just bad ride quality.

yea. u can drive with blown struts. you can also drive with a flat tire.

but seriously, you'll have bad ride quality, your handling will suffer, and you will also put more stress on your existing suspension components

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.