The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6g72 intake manifold ugrade??

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

6g72 intake manifold ugrade??

i want to upgrade my intake manifold since ill have it out to do plugs and probably wires on my engine. i dont have the time to port the stock manifold while its out. is there a manifold from another engine that fits or an aftermarket one that somebody has used with good success? the difficulty level of the installation is not an issue.

go with the diamante manifold and throttle body.

larger plenum will help with top end(especially if you ever get boosted)
    also has longer, stright runners... this will make your 6g72 grunt with more torque off the line, and into the midrange.

the larger throttle plate will enhance throttle response, and top end.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

with that manifold and throttle body will i have to modify anything else? like throttle linkage? and any recommendations for plugs and wires?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i know a lot of the eclipse guys have done this why dont you check over there....i believe it pretty much bolts on but offhand im not sure exactly what is needed

i don't think there is any modding required for the linkage, just adjust it to make up for the different mounting points.

you'll probably need the diamante egr tube, less the stock galant one reaches.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

ok ok ok i knew this was coming. there are officially two manifolds that fit and the diamante tb will work.

the major thing about the diamante tb is that the IAC is different. not in function but in its appearance and connector. i did this before i did the 74 swap and found that throttle response was knocked up a bit and that the potential for more air was available. if you do not tune for it then there are minimal gains from just bolting it up. since the IAC is different make sure to get the connector and about six inches of wire from the diamante harness so you can splice the connector on your harness and use the diamante IAC. if need be i can provide a simplified schematic that will help you out. now another point of concern is that wimpy manifold our v6's come with stock. it wont even let the throttle plate on the diamante tb to open fully because the opening is too small. instead of boring it out to fit the 65mm tb onto it, it would be best just to upgrade to a 3.5L intake mani to reap the benefits.

now as far as the manifolds go i dont think you can use the egr from the diamante manifold but not having it you will need to plug up the egr pipe and the whole on the manifold. BTW you will through a code once the ecu realizes that you no longer have a functioning egr system. there is an alternative to the diamante manifold which, if you want the full benefits, will take some time modding. take a look at this write up and tell me what you think. it was a discussion the 3g guys and myself have been having for quite some time. i think you will like my idea.
    http://www.club3g.com/forum/3g-eclip...fold-fits.html

so from what i understand in the 3g post... putting a 3.5L manifold from a hyundai is better than a diamonte manifold. but it sounds like i have to relocate the battery to use the hyundai tb. and i would also like to keep my egr functioning. what about the manifold off the new mitsu 3.8L v6? does anybody know if it fits the 6g72?

Experienced TGC Member
    Ill be watching this thread very closely. Im wondering just how much hp and torque this mod will add to my V6 :?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Found a good deal on a diamante tb and manifold.. But i'm still confused about this procedure.. Anyone in the area that i can meet up with that has this mod?? looking to see what I have to do.. or if anyone has install pics??

Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot View Post
    ... since the IAC is different make sure to get the connector and about six inches of wire from the diamante harness so you can splice the connector on your harness and use the diamante IAC. if need be i can provide a simplified schematic that will help you out. now another point of concern is that wimpy manifold our v6's come with stock.
    Hey, could you put up that IAC wiring schematic (color coding)? It would save my life right now.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Hey, could you put up that IAC wiring schematic (color coding)? It would save my life right now.
    If I remember correctly, I just matched up the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    If I remember correctly, I just matched up the colors.
    Oh yeah, I was just trying to PM you too. That's what I thought too, but as it turns out, the colors do not completely match in my case. I have

green/white, green/red, green/black and black/yellow on the pigtail

green/white, green/yellow, brown/black, black/yellow on the harness

WarmAndSCSI
    Okay, I tried to check but I have the splice job wrapped in electrical tape. If I remember correctly, I kept the wires in the same pinout configuration. I think:

green/white --> green/white
    green/red --> green/yellow
    green/black --> brown/black
    black/yellow --> black/yellow

Just match them up just like that, so long as they are all in the same position relative to the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    Okay, I tried to check but I have the splice job wrapped in electrical tape. If I remember correctly, I kept the wires in the same pinout configuration. I think:

green/white, green/red, green/black and black/yellow on the pigtail
    green/white, green/yellow, brown/black, black/yellow on the harness

Just match them up just like that, so long as they are all in the same position relative to the plug.
    You are THE MAN, thanks! Yeah, that's what I'd think to, I'd just hate to not get it right and play around with 4 wires for hours.

WarmAndSCSI
    If you still have any problems, just check the 6G72 plug you snipped off and put the wires in the same geometric configuration with the 6G74 plug - that's what I did.