The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 95 ls 97 es and 95 talon tsi altinator swapability

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

95 ls 97 es and 95 talon tsi altinator swapability

so last nite on my way to pick up my bro in law from work i started smelling this plastic smell. a few mins later my battery, srs and brake lights come on. so i say my alternator or battery must be dying. my belts always squeek. but the belt was still intact and the alt spins. so the car dies on the highway about 40 miles later. we sat there for about 30 mins. then majicly the car has full power and starts again. so we make it off the highway and and i park the car and catch a cab home. i had another batter which i threw on the charger for an hour then went back to get the car. i swap the batterys and drove home. this morning i went to check out what was wrong, the car had a hardtime starting then ran fine. i pulled off the negative cable and the car shut off. so for now i am assuming its the altinaer.

right now i am not working and have no cash. but at my other house i got a 95 talon tsi parts car and my 97 es project car. both have altinators on them, but when i cross reference the parts numbers on the auto zone system, all 3 cars came up with different numbers. anyone have any insite on swap ability
    parting out my 7g project. 1g turbo head with gs cam gears, talon tsi front and rear brakes/5lug conversion. xtc 2g fwd clutch and pressure plate. complete 7g 5spped swap. jdm e54a headlights stock 97 tails, interior trim pieces. [email protected]
    http://www.thegalantcenter.net/forum...211#post477211

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    97-99 2g GST/GSX alternators will work on 96-98 7g Galants.

The 94-95 7g and 95-96 2g have a different cable connections to the alternator.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

yeah, i charged the battery and drove to my other house where the cars are at and i figured out i cant swapp them, sux ass. let me see how much i can get a used one for just to get the car running. actually now that i tihnk of it, i got the car from the lady accross the street, she said the alt is new, let me see if she had some kind of warrenty
    parting out my 7g project. 1g turbo head with gs cam gears, talon tsi front and rear brakes/5lug conversion. xtc 2g fwd clutch and pressure plate. complete 7g 5spped swap. jdm e54a headlights stock 97 tails, interior trim pieces. [email protected]
    http://www.thegalantcenter.net/forum...211#post477211