The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 17s or 18s

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    mbssbm

17s or 18s

Alright guys, should I keep my 17's or get 18's. I know 18's obviously look better, but they are they alot heavier than 17's( I know that depends on each rim)? If i stay on 17's then i'm looked at having my current rims refurbished(machine polish the stainless steel, and re paint the inside design to gunmetal) by a metal shop. And i just got a brand new set of tires yesterday.

umm how about 19" 8)

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Senior TGC Member
    Honestly the 18s don't bother me. On average I find that the listed weight of a 18 inch rim is around 20 to 22 pounds. The factory 16s are at 21.3 pounds each (approximated). It'd be just like rolling on your 16s again. That's what convinced me to go with 18s...that and everyone pretty much told me so
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

TGC Regular
    i love my 18's
    - Atba

No doubt 18s, thats what ill be rolling on once the weather clears up here in d-town
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

in my opinions 18s look better on our cars than 17s, but if u just spent the money for new tires, then that would be a lot more to get another set of tires for the 18s. I'm not sure how much it costs to get the custom work on ur 17s done, but im sure it would look hot, and different. imo, if ur cars dropped, the 17s wont look too bad if u got something different goin on with them.

mbssbm
    yeah me car has the 2" Progress Drop, it looks good with 17's but the only bad thing is how these spokes tuck into the rim so it makes the rim not look as big sometimes. The 18's I'm interested in are the RS Ikari Gunmetals, they would definatly look tight and at wheelmax.com they are only $899 rim/tire/shipped and all. Damn good deal. Man all i got to say is that rims used to not be this cheap. 3 years ago when i bought these i have with rims and tires, mounting and all i gave $2300. I was 16 at the time and that was a large chunk of $$$. Today i could get 18's, NOS, exhaust, CAI, and a system. I'm just glad imports have come along ways.

BTW tomorrow I'm going for my interview at a Mitsu Dealer, so wish me luck guys!