The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5spd swap problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    Quote Originally Posted by ESR2005 View Post
    ok so i finally finished my swap and when i bled the clutch and dryshift it everything works smooth until i start the car if i hold the clutch in it will start but when i let the clutch go (even though im in neutral) the car feels like it is in gear and wants to go and dies.............also when it isnt running it goes into gears fine but once i start it it wont let me shift into gear eventhough im holding in the clutch pedal.
    thanks
    throw out bearing?

i know im comparing apples to oranges here, but when i replaced the tranny on my saturn i forgot the throw out bearing and it acted like you are describing...

sounds like your cables are twisted. Try leaving the car in N and pushing it a littlebit... Can you list all the parts you used in your swap, because its very difficult to diagnose this problem otherwise.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    If you read that tutorial again, you will know that you DONT cut any wires, just tap them.
    BTW I been cutting off that harness taping off wires 1-6 and simply twisting 9+10 together lately.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    How do you know which is 1-6 and 9-10, are they marked??

do i have to replace the driveshafts since i now have a 02 eclipse 5spd??.... are the auto ones diff???

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I think only on the V6 you have to change the passenger side axle

am i correct?

idk because my axles look like they are stressed maybe b/c i used a 02 eclipse tranny on a 00 galant?? also i had a 97 eclipse flywheel but decided to go with a 02 eclipse one last second but i re used the 97 clutch and pressure plate on the new2002 flywheel is there any difference?? i thought they where similar....it would be great if someone could get a hold of calipso for me i live near him it would be great to tell him whats going on in person thanks

I ....don't think Calipso can post here anymore. Try to catch him on eclipse.org

You can find him at Galants.org. You can use 3G flywheel with 97 clutch kit just fine. Can you take pictures of your transmission??I want to look at something, maybe the top of it.

ok ill take some tomoro it is kind of late tell me wat u are lookin for i might b able to answer ur question

could someone pm me there aim that has succesfully done a 5spd swap so i can consult with you when i get a prblem like this

The only reason i used a gst flywheel was because there was nothing available for the 3g platform at the time. As far as the wires go its something like this: 2 rows in the black harness, 1 row has all thin wires(1-6), 2nd row has has 2 thin/2fat wires. Fat wires are 9,10. Simple. Axels only need to be played with on a v6. All I4 models are the same.

So you put all the wires 1-6?? or just 1 and 6?? Cut 9+10 and wire them together. This is what I'm understanding. Appreciate your help.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    I think only on the V6 you have to change the passenger side axle

am i correct?
    The axles themselves are the same as far as I know (for a 2000 or 2001, I'm certain) but you need a new intermediate shaft from a manual 6G72 Eclipse or Stratus Coupe for the passenger side. This is the shaft that goes into the differential and bolts to the back of the engine block.

look all you need is wires 7+8 and 9+10(the only 2 thickest wires) Do whatever you want with the rest on them.

Ok, thanks dude. I appreciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12