The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: defroster button / defroster broken

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    wmaharrisjr

defroster button / defroster broken

I am having a problem with my defroster. when I press the button for the rear defroster to come on nothing happens it doest light up nor does it engage. I press the button and in goes in and comes right back out when it is supposed to be on, I check the interior fuse box and all of the fuses for the defroster were intact. when I do press the putton I do hear a click coming from the interior fuse box so could it be a relay or another problem? Ideas please. When I took it to the dealership they said it would be about $60 to look at it not counting what it would cost to fix it so help me out please before I have to take that step. Thanks

I know on my 2000 ES when i push the button it does the samething but that is normal if there is a clicking sounds under the dash that is normal as well thats letting you know that the system is coming on the button isnt made to say pushed in.
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

wmaharrisjr
    yah but i get no light or defrosting action

Quote Originally Posted by wmaharrisjr
    yah but i get no light or defrosting action
    may be the bulb is blew up in the defrosst button,, but if its that prob,, the deforst should work,, umm i dont know,, anyone else has diffrent idea

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

clone2020
    I have the same problem.

My blower knob (fan speed), defrost button & ciculation button do not work. I bet what ever fixes yours will fix mine and vice versa.

I checked the fuses and the relays and they all test fine. The continuity on the switches test fine too like it says in the manual.

If I fix mine, I'll be sure to let you know.

Oh yeah, I even bought a whole new CLIMATE control unit and it did not solve the problem.

are the defroster lines damaged? check them out

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

wmaharrisjr
    hmm i don't see any reason why they shouldnt

clone2020
    The only things I haven't checked is the resistor between the climate console and the blower or the blower itself. I just haven't had time to rip apart my dash.