The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anybody got these coilovers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    K-sport is based out of the US.
    You're right, they're actually based out of Arizona. I think the stuff is made in Taiwan, though. Still, they are pretty respected, whether or not they're Japanese really has no bearing on my personal opinion.

I've got a set of K-Sports in my garage right now and I posted pictures over in one of boostzealot's threads. They seem to be of extremely good quality whether they are Japanese or not.

Was it really worth reviving this thread only to say that they're not a Japanese company? Now people are arguing over issues that died months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    i dont know if you have noticed but this thread is about coilovers not springs.. lol, and btw i just bought some megan springs to replace my teins also. only because of ride height though.
    I brought it up because it seemed like he was talking about megan on a whole, so i threw in my 2 cents
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

haha oops. i post first, look at date later

I remember a group buy going absolutely horrible on C3G over these. Not saying that has anything to do with the quality but....

i ordered the Ksport Kontrol Pro which happen to be one of the better series of the coiilovers offered from ksport. i havent been able to install then simply because i am still deployed. but from the various pics i got from tj i would have to say that these coilovers have had some time well spent on them. they are so attractive and i plan to have them setup professionally once installed. i will on the other hand take back what i said about the megans being complete crap. and thats only because my bestest friend has them. (jumping on the bandwagon) lol. i hope that when i get back tj and i will definately have some track time on the road courses in utah.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The only reviews I have heard from owners of K-sport coilovers is generally good. I know of 2 owners of Galant VR4's that have the Ksport coilovers installed in their Galants. The ride is really stiff and they don't know if its the spring rates or the damper settings. This was coming from a owner that had GC coilovers with KYB AGX's previously. Though both did experienece a same issue with their Ksports and not sure if it was coincedence or a real problem with them...but the front upper pillowball mount plates made excessive noise after several months of having them installed.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

i have had a set of ksport coilovers on my 04 evo for 2 years now and there are awesome. No issues with them at all. (have to clean camber plates out every time i want to adjust them because of all of the dirt and road grime but thats it)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12