The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: motor mounts

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

motor mounts

i replaced the roll mounts and now hte vibration is still there , the other mounts had tears in them the one in the front had a larger tear in it but the one in the rear was not so bad , now there is still a vibration in the car when i put it in gear is it the dampener mount and the transmission mounts ? and where can i find the cheapest price for these mounts.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    go with prothane inserts or something if you plan on doing it yourself, you can get a set for like 90 dollars

i dont want to i think that they wll most definately increase any vibration and not cushion anything , there for only improving traction not comfort ? right ?

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Yeah the prothane inserts will have more vibration then the stock ones because they are stiffer. My stock ones lasted 158000 miles and I dont see why a new set wont last just as long. People say they are crap but I don't think so. Fatal 1s idea is awesome but you also have to remove the inner part of your stock mounts and that my friend is a pain in the ass.

i thought so and I dont have a press handy , my dad has one in his shop but he is 50 miles away, I only have 90 000 miles on mine , HEAVY FOOT? also the weather is hot as hell down here drying out the rubber mounts pre maturely , I had a 98 and never had an engine mount problem, and put 150 000 on it, but i did live in new england where it is not as hot or dry. dont ask me about the patriots , the superbowl was rigged!
    Last edited by silversurfer; 04-07-2008 at 12:52 PM

Mine does that when I start it cold. It goes away after the engine warms up. My mechanic friend told me it was the mounts, and to not worry about it. Is there a way to get rid of this noise?

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Get rid of what noise???

i did test out a 04 galant today i turned the ac on , and the idle went up to 1000 and even stayed there when the car was in gear , it had 200 000 miles on it it did need some mounts but i swear that i need a new iac motormy idle only goes up to 850 when the ac compressor is engaged what does everone elses do?

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Get rid of what noise???
    A rattle under the hood. It shakes the entire car.

can you place a small video clip from under the hood . sounds like maybe somethin is loose

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post
    can you place a small video clip from under the hood . sounds like maybe somethin is loose
    I will do it this afternoon if it isn't raining. It also depends on if my car actually rattles. It usually does it only in the mornings after the car has been sitting all night.

My mechanic friend told me that it was some rubber spacer or ring or something that has to do with the engine itself being mounted to the car. He said they were wearing away. The noise drives me nuts, and it is actually kind of embarrassing if I am around people and I start my car and it rattles. =\

I'll whip out the video camera after school though.