The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Having Problems installing new cd player on my 7g Galant LS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aznkaos415 View Post
    fliegendaffe, hey, umm for the black ground chassis wire.. where do i attach that to? do i just attach it somewhere on the unit? or am i supose to connect sumthing with it?
    it comes out of the unit aka the wire cluster then gets attached to something metal on the car. not the deck, not the heater. but something behind there

or the black ground wire suppose to touch (tied) to a metal part of the car?

Quote Originally Posted by aznkaos415 View Post
    or the black ground wire suppose to touch (tied) to a metal part of the car?
    now u r getting the idea

so... the ground wire from the wire harness or the ground wire from the wires that came with the pana? refer back to the harness picture and you'll know what i mean. In the picture i connected the ground from the harness to the ground wire to the pana's wire. This should be wrong right? so which ground wire (from the harness or the pana's wire) do i ground with? also from the first picture where would be a good place to ground it? i'm still not sure where it is possible for me to ground it? so it could be any metal beyond that hole there? like anywhere in there besides the deck and heater?

There's metal everywhere, just pick a screw on the car that's touching bare metal (hopefully on the chassis), back the screw off and put the ground wire under the screw and tighten. Now it's grounded to bare metal. I kid you not, when I installed my first amp I was nervous to just stick the ground to any metal in the trunk, but yeah, just find a spot and hook it up. Of course working with a head unit, you'll be grounding behind the dash, but you get the picture. You have an entire firewall back there, I'm certain that you can find a good ground point.

ground wire = black wire from deck always

put yellow and red together and to the 12V. put black on ground or any metal part. the tray where you slide the radio in might not be ground, unless you put the screws back in.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I just tried everything... and the deck still does not work.. maybe the fuse is gone.. i am going to try to change the fuse and see what's up.. thanks for the help guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12