The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: do you have an exhaust?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    cat-back From a 95+ FWD turbo

slichtly modified to Work onthe galant (3" of pipe removed, and an extra bend Added)

the Catback is Still the 60mm

the turbo-> cat is 2.5" which is a 2.5" hi-flow Catcon
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

mitsubishigurl
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>The 3A will not rust B. There's no way dammit! Mine will never rust!

LOL

You live on the East Coast bro... everything rusts.</div>
    I want an exhaust but I don't want it really loud but loud enough to hear any suggestions. I talked to a few people and they said the cuz i have a 98 es 4 cylinder its gonna be loud anyway cuz its a small car. Help PLEASE What brand and how much should I spend?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsubishigurl)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>The 3A will not rust B. There's no way dammit! Mine will never rust!

LOL

I want an exhaust but I don't want it really loud but loud enough to hear any suggestions. I talked to a few people and they said the cuz i have a 98 es 4 cylinder its gonna be loud anyway cuz its a small car. Help PLEASE What brand and how much should I spend?</div>
    I heard good results from the 8g forum about the Bosal Pro-Sport Mufflers. They said its not to loud, but not totaly soft. Im getting the one with dual tips. Also the Top Secret mufflers I heard sound noce.
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

Kain
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roman)</div><div class='quotemain'>so should custom piping be welded on or is the stock one OK?
    I mean, alot of people say that custom strait piping allows for a better flow ........ so then how strait is Galant's piping(any1 got a pic?)

tnx</div>

The Galant piping is reasonably straight, and even mandrel bent from the factory. Quite nice actually.

mitsubishigurl
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidnightES)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsubishigurl)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>The 3A will not rust B. There's no way dammit! Mine will never rust!

LOL

I want an exhaust but I don't want it really loud but loud enough to hear any suggestions. I talked to a few people and they said the cuz i have a 98 es 4 cylinder its gonna be loud anyway cuz its a small car. Help PLEASE What brand and how much should I spend?</div>
    I heard good results from the 8g forum about the Bosal Pro-Sport Mufflers. They said its not to loud, but not totaly soft. Im getting the one with dual tips. Also the Top Secret mufflers I heard sound noce.</div>

How much do those usually go for? Can I look on ebay? Any places that you suggest i go to or look at

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsubishigurl)</div><div class='quotemain'>How much do those usually go for? Can I look on ebay? Any places that you suggest i go to or look at</div>
    well there a website that sells em for $70 (check the 8g board under general post for it) and one at summit racing for $100 and ill have to do some searching for top secret (only found one site that had it)its about $130? Ok the top secret one is a t raretrick.com

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    5Zigen Fireball 125mm, 2.5" mandreal bent cat-back exhaust, $300 for everything..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>5Zigen Fireball 125mm, 2.5" mandreal bent cat-back exhaust, $300 for everything..</div>
    For a Galant?

I recommend Remus! I have a DTM style with 2.5" pipng from the cat back and it sounds great. Not too loud when cruising and very noticeable when flooring it. Basically it is loud as hell but like I said only when you are laying on it. As far as the mufflers are concerned they run anywhere from 150-500 bucks. I got mine for 300 and my piping was custom done for 275. All in all I am pleased as hell with the remus, it is my second one!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12