The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Grinding Noise

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Grinding Noise

A couple days ago i started to get this weird grinding noise from the left side of my car. I think that my break caliper is sticking so, i pulled it apart today and put some anti seize on everything hoping that it will help free it up but same problem. when i turn left the noise gets louder and when i turn right there is no noise at all. Im thinking that im going to have to replace the caliper or could this be something else? Wheel bearing maybe?? but the noise would be more of a howling and would get quieter when i turn left. So any input is good input!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Take the wheel off first and check you pads. If they are OK then spin the rotor slowly and listen to it very carefully. You might get suprised how the dust shield could get so loud grinding on the rotor. Usually the noise comes fron the bottom side of the shield.
    Last edited by mko; 04-16-2008 at 08:28 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I did all of that and the dust sheild is not on anymore. I was low on power stearing fluid and havent had a chance to drive since i added some see if that was the problem.!

1996 galant s

Power steering fluid wasn't the problem! im going to have my pads warrantied tomorrow i think i got a bad set. see if that solves my problem!

1996 galant s

so i put the new pads in and the same thing is happening. could this be a problem with my rack?? it looks like it has been leaking alot but im just no sure what is going on! Getting really annoying.

1996 galant s