The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVO injectors

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

EVO injectors

I got a set of stock EVO injectors today from one of my friends.! He upgraded his turbo and went with some 1000cc injectors. What do you guys think should i use them or should i stay with my stock injectors? Im not turbo'd but i still plan to be sometime if i can afford it this summer and still have enough money for the next semester of school. So i guess my question is will i gain anything by using them or will i just be wasting my time.!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

im not sure if theyll fit a 7g or not, but they should. ill let someone else clarify this for sure. but i wouldnt install them until you are turboed
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    run did it on his 8G but had problems at first. now its fine something minor had to be adjusted. so altho the body changed, did the engines change much? if not you might be able to run with them

i was thinking that i would wait till i am turbo'd and had a bigger fuel pump but wasnt sure if i put them in if i would get a gain. The only problem that i could see having is the fuel pressure ragulator wouldnt like them to much.!

1996 galant s

Stock EVO injectors are low impedance and would require a DSM or equivalent resistor pack. Run installed WRX blue top injectors that are high impedance, so all we did was change the harness.

You would slightly gain some performance based on moddifications and if you can tune the injectors in on the ECU, but probably benifit more from just an overall ECU tune.

But its a start, add them to the "parts closet", you should look unto other parts for the fuel system if you choose to go that route. The parts will add up after a while...

Quote Originally Posted by mtcavity1 View Post
    Stock EVO injectors are low impedance and would require a DSM or equivalent resistor pack. Run installed WRX blue top injectors that are high impedance, so all we did was change the harness.

You would slightly gain some performance based on moddifications and if you can tune the injectors in on the ECU, but probably benifit more from just an overall ECU tune.

But its a start, add them to the "parts closet", you should look unto other parts for the fuel system if you choose to go that route. The parts will add up after a while...
    Exactly what i was thinking! Its nice to just have them. he upgraded his stock trubo so we might be useing the stock one on my car! That is if i can come up with the money to swap out the old slushbox. Summer should be fun making more money now and going to be working 50hrs a week! Thanks alot for the info, you said exactly what i was thinking all day!

1996 galant s

A stock 8/9 turbo has a couple issues.

1) The hotside is facing the opposite direction.
    2)Twin scroll turbo
    3)You'll need a custom manifold, and possibly move any parts that are in the way to mount it the "easy" way.

Not worth the hassle when you can get something just as efficient without the frustration.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe