The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Yet Again....

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Yet Again....

As I posted a while ago I threw an OBD Code for P0400. It is EGR Flow malfunction. I swapped out the one EGR valve (with a spare used one) and about 20 minutes later, the code came back. Same code. Odds of two different valves throwing the same code in my opinion would be small. Anybody has any ideas how to remedy as I've already been rejected for inspection and have about two weeks to get re-inspected.

replace your gas cap, very comon to throw that code when it does not seal or is not tight
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

The gas cap would throw an EGR flow malfunction code? Never heard of that. U sure you read the code right? Its p0400 for EGR Flow Malfunction

i see it everyday... I am the service manager at goodyear. Many times people pay 100's for a egr valve when it is only a gas cap. This is the steps i take when a car has that code. I erase the code and do nothing. If it comes back on, i replace the gas cap and check all vacume hoses and clear code, than if it comes back replace the valve. 1/2 the tims after the gas cap is replaced the customer calls me and thanks me for saving them 100's of dollars. how much is a gas cap? 10 bucks? and it may save you a headache
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

i guess i will give that a try tomorrow. get a new cap, go to autozone and have them clear it and hopefully that goes away. thanks any other ppl with some ideas would be great

no prob... let me know how it works out
    Mods:

well I did that, went and scooped up a gas cap at autozone, had them clear the code. drove around for about 20 minutes and the ses light came on, went back, scanned same code again.

so then try a new egr valve(what u can do is clean your old one with some intake cleaner to get out the carbon). I always try the checp soultion first
    Mods:

Yeah, that's what I said in the first post I made was that I swapped out the EGR valves, the one I put in was cleaned thoroughly and we sea foamed the car before we even swapped the valves. I guess at this point I can only just bring it to a shop and see what they have to say. Anyone else have any idea what to do? I have about 2 weeks left to pass inspection unless some of you jersey guys know a shop that will pass me (I think it has to be a Emissions Repair Facility though)
    Last edited by 732Galant; 04-26-2008 at 10:41 PM