The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car problem

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Car problem

Well my car has been doing some weird shit, RPM's go crazy some times. Then it went into my car shutting off. Then when i drive i hear like a tick tick then rpms go weird and it sometimes shuts off. Some times when i try starting it it tries to turn on, and it just shuts off. My dad beleives its the fuel pump, making the car not hae fuel and it just going off. Any ideas or anything similar happened to anyone like this before? let me know. Thanks

?

viperbluugalant
    might be the fuel pump but check the distributor see if ur getting good spark

ok my mech thinks its not the fuel pump but a sensor(something electrical) Cam sensor i think he said, dont remember.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    IS the car throwing a CEL light?

I am curious...do your lights flicker, radio shuts off suddenly and comes back on, etc etc.? Anything out of the norm wich your electrical components?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by momo21 View Post
    ok my mech thinks its not the fuel pump but a sensor(something electrical) Cam sensor i think he said, dont remember.
    Yea that is a cam sensor. had that same problem and changed mine out havent had a problem since. i got a new cam position sensor from Mitsubishi for $75!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    IS the car throwing a CEL light?

I am curious...do your lights flicker, radio shuts off suddenly and comes back on, etc etc.? Anything out of the norm wich your electrical components?
    the check engine light turns on WHILE its happening, when it stops (which happens sometimes) it goes away.

When IT happens my car either finishes turning off: no acceleration, the steering wheel gets hard to turn, AC off, Radio off, um i get scared and embarrased in the middle of the road... ouch

or

the other scenario is that it happens, my RPMS go low, speed goes down quick(scary while on the HW) and then somehow it catches on and turns to normal.

one other thing it happens when its warm... and most of the time when i am not pressign the gas, for example at a light or in traffic.

let me know more questions to see if i can answer to get to a conclusion.

Originally Posted by momo21

Yea that is a cam sensor. had that same problem and changed mine out havent had a problem since. i got a new cam position sensor from Mitsubishi for $75!

aight bro i will tell the mech to see if we can try it, and if it works cool if it does not then return the part... is it returnable? or is it liek a fuel pump which once u use u cant return?

Majority of the time electrical parts are non returnable unless its returned unopened in its original package. Also if its boxed..they can tell if it was plugged in.

It sounds like it could be your cam angle sensor but then again I think it could be your MAF. Are you getting irratic accelerations issues and idling issues?

it runs great and normal untill the situation above happens :(

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    well he found out my car doesnt have a cam sensor??? :S

1994 galant 2.4l soch ..... does it have one?

94-95 Cam sensor is part of the distributor.
    96-98 7g's cam sensor is seperate near the crank pulley.

so i would need a entire distributor? or explain plz.

You need to get a whole distributor.

You want to make some of mark somewhere where the current position of the distributor you have on the car now. When you install the new one make sure it aligns with the mark you made. 94-95 distributors have the ability to adjust the timing by sliding the distributor front or back and you don't want to install the new distributor w/o know the last position or your motor will have too much timing or too little timing.