The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anti lock light on

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    rhelms_85
    Every sense i've had the car this anti-lock light has been on. I've put new brakes on it and rotors, and it still wont go off. Any suggestions on what i should do??? Anything, i will afro-engineer if i have to:)

No, but i don't want to take the fuse out i just want the like to go off

did you check the fuse for the ABS?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Me and Galantv600 had a similar problem before, we did check the fuse but it was running fine. If it's not the fuse, the other thing to check is the wheel sensor (very small gizmo) behind the brake sensor (depending whether you have 2 or 4 brakes). Totally didn't know this until one of the dealer tech notified me. It turned out my rear driver side was damaged by debris so the light went on. Technically, the ABS is fine but you know computer goes. BTW each wheel sensor cost around $25-35 depending where you get it from.

DIY level: 2

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    Me and Galantv600 had a similar problem before, we did check the fuse but it was running fine. If it's not the fuse, the other thing to check is the wheel sensor (very small gizmo) behind the brake sensor (depending whether you have 2 or 4 brakes). Totally didn't know this until one of the dealer tech notified me. It turned out my rear driver side was damaged by debris so the light went on. Technically, the ABS is fine but you know computer goes. BTW each wheel sensor cost around $25-35 depending where you get it from.

DIY level: 2
    Here's a link where you could probably buy them:

Link

Do we have a tutorial somewhere on how to replace this speed sensor? (the proper way?)

Yeah - where's the tutorial and where else can I buy these sensors....

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    holy post from the dead