The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 95 Galant.

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

95 Galant.

i have a 95 Galant SE..
    it has the 16 valve sohc.
    and the motors junk.

and i was wondering if the..

92 eagle Talon 16 valve dohc(2000..with the red letters)
    fit into my 95 Galant..

i heard you can do it on certain ones..
    But if it can work.. does the wiring need to be changed or the Computer?

Thanks!

before you post read the stickies, it was literally by the button you pressed to make a new thread

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

im sorry.
    i just found this forum today.
    and i know nothing about it here.

i didnt mean to make anyone mad or anything!

And thanks!!!

i was just saying to check there first. people will blast you for it. just giving you a heads up since your new. the tut section explains the motor swap

edit, our tuts are down. I emailed a admin to fix them
    Last edited by kolio; 04-29-2008 at 02:44 AM

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Here is the tutorial
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=12281

The motor will drop right in if its a 7bolt 4G63, but will require a little bit of modifying to the driver side mount bracket on a 6 bolt 4G63 from early 1g's and Galant VR4's. Wiring will be a bit more timing consuming, but attainable to do. You will run in a slight problem with wiring because 94-95's had hybrid OBD1/OBDII Ecu's and don't have the 4 plug ECU's like the 2g Eclipse do like the 96-98's which makes wiring up for a 4G63 much easier.

There is a member named "Blue Ice" and he has a 94-95 7g and he is doing the 4G63 DOHC swap in his Galant. He reworked his wiring harness to accept the 4 plug 2g's Ecu's.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=24504

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You can use a 1g ECU, but still need to rewire the plugs since the 1g ECU are different from the 94/95 ECU plugs
    7g for life!

Since im still new at this.. (this will sound silly)

what do you mean 6 bolt or 7 bolt?

Thanks for all your guy's reply's so quick!!

ill keep looking under those pages til their fixed!

thats how many bolts the crank is

90-92 eclipse was almost all 6bolts, later 92's were 7 bolt <------- 6 bolt is best motor to get
    92-94 eclipse were 7 bolt weaker than the 6 bolt but still ok
    95-99 eclipse was 7 bolt and most prone to crank walk <------- worst motor to get
    94-03 galants are 7 bolt and not prone to crank walk as the eclipse

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Swapping a JDM 6bolt engine (or any 4g63T) has been a dream of mine for about 6 years, and the first 5 years all i did was research, and get information. Gaining info from about 5 different websights; thegalantcenter.net. galantspeed.com dsmtuners.com dsmchips.com vfaq.com and any other information i'd get from the dealer while searching for parts.

The information is there, but it's all over the place. And don't think you'll find a shop that can do it for you, cause the work is so unique.
    First thing, get to know your car! Know what you have on it that will swap over to the 4g63t.

Second Figure out what you want, cause you'll spend a ton of money on BS you'll end up not needing. So figure out What ECU you'll want, what engine you'll want. learn about the turbos and injectors that come with that engine so when you get one, you'll know you didn't get swindelled.

Third, know how far you'll want to go with modding the engine. this will also play a part with #2. ( i saved myself some work, and did a lot of engine work while the motor was still out of the car)

Fourth, start with the basics, as this will make a better foundation to build on.

Lastly, Think about what you want, research, research, rethink, research, research, ask for opinions, research those opinions, research, rethink, ask, research.... and then do.

I guess i really didn't answer any questions for you. But there's a lot of info out there and you have found a sight with a lot on it. just hit the search button and look for 7g and 4g63t

Quote Originally Posted by 95galantowner View Post
    Since im still new at this.. (this will sound silly)

what do you mean 6 bolt or 7 bolt?
    Reminded me of the part, of F&F3 where the guy says. "Drift!? What do you meandrift?"

"Still need a dictionary?"
    Engines with a 6 bolt crank (the number of bolts you'll use to attach the fly wheel) were manufactured differently. The have better internal oil flow. This is better if you plan to heavily mod the engine for HP. The stock internals are very well built, and you can do a lot of street modding without having to address rods and pistons and such. Of course if you're trying to gain tons of HP and use a huge turbo, then you'll need stronger internals.

7bolt engines... well obviously if mitsu went from 6bolt to 7bolt cranks, they changed something about the engine. well they changed more than the bolts, they changed the oil flow of the internals, and i believe this is what causes the crank to walk. They didn't make everything thing inferior on the 7 bolt, two things are better, the fuel rail has better flow and the head also has better flow. The MAS is better, but it's the same one on your 7g.

Wow thanks for the replys!
    im not sure what bolt it is yet till i get it out..

for right now im just wanting a decent tuned car..without a turbo.
    it's hard to find any local.. but im gonna check on Ebay..

So do you guys think i should keep the engine wiring out of the Talon to use for the Galant?
    or cut and hardwire it?..or should i find another wiring harness?

i own 3 95 Galants..
    and only one has ECI on it?..(silly question)

Thanks for all the fast reply's!.
    i can't wait to know more about the Car!..
    ( doing more research )

Thanks!

yes, pull the complete engine wire harness from the ecu, and behind the dash, and everything off the engine. i would also check the 92 Talon ECU itself, you might get lucky, it might be Eprom. if there is an E on the case it is, if there is an M it is not. Research Eprom

Edit: On second thought, you might want to know what ecu you want to go with before pulling the harness. if you use the 1g ecu, the connectors will be different for a 2g eclipse. I'd say pull it so you have it, but otherwise figure that out too.
    Last edited by Blue Ice; 05-01-2008 at 05:29 PM

Where are you located 95galantowner? iam sure there are tgc members here that know of good spots to get a 4g63/4g63t motor form locally...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

ill look into the ECU to see if it's a E or M.

but i plan on keeping the harness for sure.
    and the other harness out of my Junk Galant..

Cause i plan on building up the motor, so it will give me a little time to throw the harness together.

Phizzalot:
    I'm Located in Davenport, Iowa.

i plan on writing a tutorial on the 7g / 2gt hybrid wire harness with 2g eclipse ecu, but i want to make sure it actually works first. And i want to try to include all the little things that you might need to know. I 'm waiting for a 2g ignition transistor pack, i bought a 1g when i first was collecting parts. Things like that... items which are different from 1g to 2g.

So addressing you're PM you sent me, i don't have it yet.

Concerning ECU options. It will be best to find an eclipse ECU. Knowing how far you want to go with aftermarket things for the ecu will determine if it really matters to you to get a 95 Eprom or a non eprom ecu. I decided to go Eprom.

Eprom; not too sure what it stands for, but basically there is a chip that plugs into the motherboard of the ecu. This chip can be replaced and you can change many aspect of what the ecu looks for while running. you can also tap a data link into this board rather easlily and have instant acces to fuel maps and what not. Also, all other eclipse ecu's have a 137 mph governer (GST's), but the Eprom has no governer (comes out of GSX) and there is also a specific Mitsu Mnfct # that goes with the Ecu.

So a little more for you to look at. Hopefully by the time you figure out what you want, i'll know whether or not my harness works.

Well here's an update.

i've been working way to much in this last week.
    But i just got the Talon Parked in the Garage.
    i'm starting to pull out the Motor & Trans.(going into the Galant.)
    i'm gonna leave all the wires hooked up to the motor and Trans as much as possible..
    im gonna unplug the wires from underneath the dashboard..
    After that i'm gonna pull the Beautiful Galant into the Garage and do the same.
    And after all that i'll decide what im gonna do with it all.
    ( i've been taking pictures of the progress, so i can keep you all posted )

Thats fine Blue Ice, But when you do have one about the harness, im pretty sure people are gonna thank you for it..
    As of right now.. im just gonna see what i have to work with..i'll let you know soon..

Thanks for your responce!!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i have a brand new 2G power transistor if that is what you need. Bought it for a member but he backed out of the deal at the last minute.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr View Post
    i have a brand new 2G power transistor if that is what you need. Bought it for a member but he backed out of the deal at the last minute.
    got one off ebay coming should be here soon... hopefully

Just in case if you was asking me..As of right now i don't need one..But i'll keep it in mind =D
    (91 Galant VR4 1036/2000)
    In The process of rebuilding.