The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Powersteering and Brake Fluid

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Powersteering and Brake Fluid

Hi Guys,

Any recommendations for the type/brand of Powersteering and Brake Fluid(s) I should use with my 8g 2003 Galant? I was recommended to do a flush tomorrow. I also need to know if I should get it from the dealer, as Rockville Mistu is just round the corner from where I am. Also, quantities needed for a complete flush for both fluids please.

There isn't really any specific brake or power steering fluid capacities, though it may be in the owners manual specifications page or the service manual.

DOT4 brake fluid is the best. Any powersteering fluid works.

Thanks a lot. I read somewhere on the forum that ATF has to be used in the powersteering? Is that correct? The thread is - https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=29042

If that's the case should I get Diamond SPIII?

Powersteering fluid is more like brake fluid than anything else. If you want to be sure you are getting the right stuff, just buy the power steering fluid from your local Mitsubishi dealer parts counter.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I use valvoline SynPower steering fluid. Its like $8 for fairly large bottle. Power steering fluid is pretty similar in consistancy to tranny fluid, but im not certain its recommended to use for both.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS