The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A/C

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    pakisouljah

A/C

my a/c dosent blow cold air at all, it blows air but its not cold, idk when u press the ac clicker thingy in, the light dosent even come on, how can i fix this problem?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    well without any other explination on symptoms other then it doesnt work we cant give you an answer...take it to a place that takes care or ac and have them do a compression test and look for leaks, and see if the other parts are functioning properly, and then you will need to recharge it

Re: A/C

Quote Originally Posted by pakisouljah
    my a/c dosent blow cold air at all, it blows air but its not cold, idk when u press the ac clicker thingy in, the light dosent even come on, how can i fix this problem?
    Could be a bad switch. You can get that whole unit (with all three switches) from a salvage yard for about $75. New is close to $300. Also, I would check the pressure of AC system and charge your system with refrigerant first. You can get a kit for that at any auto parts store. I have an '02 and had to fill the AC for the first time this summer. Blowing nice and cold now and only took five minutes.

If your AC's pressure is too high or too low the high/low pressure switch in the compressor will not actuate the compressor, thus protecting it from damage. Sometimes that switch itself is faulty. Unfortunately, you have to discharge the whole system and take out the compressor just to change the $18 part. PITA.
    2002 ES
    KYB Struts
    17" wheels
    K&N air filter

dont mean to hi-jack the thread..but what if smoke is coming from the compressor itself...is it okay to drive around like this?
    paid4.....99 galant

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    no.....does it do it only when the ac is on? i would suppose so.....if it doesnt happen when you have the ac off i wouldnt use the ac untill you can get it checked and fixed

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    no.....does it do it only when the ac is on? i would suppose so.....if it doesnt happen when you have the ac off i wouldnt use the ac untill you can get it checked and fixed
    ya only when ac is on..i will just not turn the ac on..
    paid4.....99 galant

did any one learn anything about the smoke coming from the a/c compressor

blue(on the)rims so the G crip walkin