The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what do you think

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 40 of 40
    I just realized the price is $32 shipped. That's freakin' cheap! Way back when I bought mine, they were going for almost $100 and I found mine for like $68 or so.

I always planned on hooking up that extra O/D button to something like neons just like Jay did, but I never got around to installing any neons. lol. That was like 5 or 6 years ago. lol.

Is that a quick shift or does it have a button on top of it? I think i am going to buy one! Looks hot!
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Mine is to be delivered today can't wait (im like a child sometimes)

Ms Heather B

yeah im really thinkin about this, get us some pics when u get it heather!!!

well it's not fitting over :(

Ms Heather B

looks like i would need to cut the metal that goes around the plastic piece for it to fit over

Ms Heather B

Now im gonna have to buy a new shifter (the triangle was already cut, because it woudlnt' fit with the triangle there)

Ms Heather B

Quote Originally Posted by Misobitchi View Post
    well it's not fitting over :(
    You mean it's not big enough to fit over the shaft? Damn that's not good news. It says it fits 8, 10 and 12mm shafts. I've got a whole shifter here and I just measured and it looks like the shaft is about 3/4 inch in diameter. Shit! that's 19 mm. Damn!
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

the guy that sold it to me said he looked at the shifter and said there is room to drill the hole slighty bigger... i've been driving around all the local part stores to find a replacement shifter and none fit for a automatic

think a local car shop can drill it bigger?
    Last edited by Misobitchi; 05-13-2008 at 05:45 PM

Ms Heather B

well i took my car in to a car repair shop to see if they could do something but unfortunately they coudlnt' but they did recommend going to a machine shop and boring it out to make it fit, i sure hope it works because right now im driving around w/o just the metal shaft with the white plastic sticking out

Ms Heather B

well I took it to a machine shop and they couldn't fix it because of some piece inside that just spins around. Thankfully I think I have fixed my stock shifter at least for a lil while. I was able to re attach the triangle piece will keep a screw driver in the car in case it breaks off (praying it wont) and have to remove the stock shifter to get to it.

Ms Heather B

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post
    You mean it's not big enough to fit over the shaft? Damn that's not good news. It says it fits 8, 10 and 12mm shafts. I've got a whole shifter here and I just measured and it looks like the shaft is about 3/4 inch in diameter. Shit! that's 19 mm. Damn!
    does the knob have a functional button on the top? according to what chip said, the knob looks like it is for an automatic but for the gate style shifter.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Well, the one I have is for Nissan/Toyota w/OD. Looking on the Napolex website, that knob (LV-451) has a 15mm inside diameter. That's pretty stupid that one labeled for Mitsubishi would have a smaller diameter.

im guessing that LV-45X series are for the traditional push button automatics

and the LV-46X series are for the ones with the gate type shifters.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    im guessing that LV-45X series are for the traditional push button automatics

and the LV-46X series are for the ones with the gate type shifters.
    Well I'll find out soon enough as mine is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. I hope you're wrong, Allan cuz I hate wasting money.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

mine was a waste of money :(

Ms Heather B

Anyone else try to resolve the issue with theirs? I was lining it up, and mine looks like a pretty clean fit, but Im not about to start cutting until Im for sure.
    Last edited by CHICAGO_ONE; 05-25-2008 at 01:53 PM

Danger, where did you order your Napolex Shifter from? i'm on their site, but i can't see where to order it. i may be dumb but yeah...

Just to update on this subject...
    Before I started cutting, I took it to my friend at a metal fabrication studio. Using a caliper I found the exact width you'll need, which is 9/16 ths, and my friend was able to drill it out. So far, it clears, but needs to be drilled a little bit deeper (almost 3/4" the length of the knob). It also looks like it may be able to fit without cutting the triangular piece (not 100% sure yet, but hoping).

However, the screws on the knob do NOT line up with the ones on the shifter, they never did. Either going to make a new hole, or just using one screw and some sort of adhesive (but not looking forward to that option).

I'll post more on this, whether I have success or failure. Should be another few days before I drop it back off.
    Last edited by CHICAGO_ONE; 05-28-2008 at 11:38 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12