The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: bov help

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    galantv6tt

bov dump valve help

:smt100 hi guys new to the site and to my galant i have a v6 24 valve twin turbo and i am after some help fitting a dump valve i have fitted the dump valve into the soft pipe leading from the throttle body to the intercooler but i dont know where to fit the vacuum hose to i am pulling my hair out as i want to get this sorted it is a sports gt 6a12tt e74a body type any help would be greatfully recieved cheers rob.:smt100

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    The most accurate vacuum source would be the nipple on the wastegate. Im not familiar with the jdm vr4s at all, but I assume there is a nipple on one of the turbos wastegates.
    7g for life!

galantv6tt

thanks

thanks mate but when i put it on there the valve activates but doesnt dump any more ideas lol

galantv6tt
    just found the recirc valve wud i need to remove this and blank the holes to make my new atmospheric valve work properley cheers

Again not familiar with the 6g72tt but if you run a MAF that is pre turbo(filter > MAF -> turbo inlet) then you will need to recirc to avoid running super rich in between shifts. If your MAF is after the turbo or you run a MAP sensor, then you can dump to the atmosphere, just cap off the recirc tube to the intake/ic pipe.

As for the vacuum, try one off of the intake manifold. What vacuum line did the stock dump valve use?
    7g for life!

galantv6tt

thanks so far

it used the 1 off the intake manifold i have been told that if you use a twin piston bov then that would stop the fueling issuses thanks so far rob.

galantv6tt

bov help

hi dump valve now fitted into pipe between intercooler and throttle body and vacuum taken from after the throttle body but dump valve doesnt dump but it does activate just wondered any reason why cheers all

I dont understand how it can 'activate' but not dump? The noise you hear 'activating' is the dumping. And dont make a new thread for the same topic.
    7g for life!