The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Black Carpet

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    TGC Regular

New Black Carpet

As you all know I'm in the progress converting my interior black. The back seats are finished, just have to finish sewing up the front seats. I havent had much time with work and school, but I had some free time today to install the carpet. I ordered it from a place called the Trim Store on Ebay for $120, at first I thought the carpet was going to be cheap and didnt fit properly. I was wrong the carpet is actually thicker than the stock carpet and the fit is perfect. They also take custom colors as well, I got the carpet in 3 days flat via UPS. You only have to trim around the edges and cut out the middle for the shifter. It took me about 2 hours that includes taking out the old carpet, trimming and fitting the new carpet. Here are some pics

Olld Carpet with cheap Wal-mart carpet layed over

New Carpet

looks good man... its coming along nice. i know seeing that your doing your own seats has inspired me to want to get a sewing machine and redo my own. gunna look good when its all done
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

damn that new carpet looks good nice work i've always wanted black carpet and black headliner
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    nice, i almost picked up some black carpet my self but i need to fix this damn leak first. yes i did try to clean out the thing like everyone said, didnt help. its only when it rains, anyways looks awesome, i know you have done alot of work with that all black interior want to finish mine for $500 :D lol

they have them on sale now for 99 plus 14 shipping which im gonna order tonight

looks good so far cant wait to do mine
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

TGC Regular
    Yeah that the price I paid but I had to add NC state tax.

is it one of the form fitted ones or do you have to adhisive it to something from the old carpet??
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

TGC Regular
    It's form fitted, molded to fit a 8G. I was surprised how well it was molded, you can see in the pic that I trimmed alittle to much off from the front driver side.

looks nice... yeah it took me like two hours to do my carpet.... was worth ass the work too... people under estimate howmuch of a difference new carpet makes
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

wow looks great...Alex hurry up and get it so i can see it in person
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

I just checked this Trim store, and I wonder why the hell there is no carpet available for 7g. This sucks! There is nothing for 7g performance wise either! If it wasnt the 2G Eclipse and a couple of other Mitsubishi models to swap parts from we are done.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    Anybody know where I can get some cheap aftermarket racing seats? I just realized I dont have enough fabric to complete my drivers seat, so I decided to go with aftermarket seats. I've been looking at the ones on Ebay, they look pretty good but I'm worried about how they are going to fit?

that looks pretty good. I have wanted to replace my grey carpet with black for a while now
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Wow man that looks nice, I might wanna do that when i get around to doing my interior.

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI