The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ok im confused now.

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Ok im confused now.

Ok my front passeragerside window stopped working at the beginning of this year, i finally got the money to fix it, so i bought a new motor. OK NOW: i replace the motor hooked everything back up, and still doesnt work. so i had a idea of using a drill battery to see if it would work, when i directed to the battery the new motor went up and down. so i said let me try to motor i already had and then the old motor went up and down. so my motor i had already still worked so i hooked the old one back up with everything else, but still not working, so at this time i figured it was the switch so i bought another switch, but still doesnt work? when i pull the button up to make the window go up the motor moves, but when i push the button down it doesnt move (nothing). when i used the master control on the driver door nothing not even the motor moves when i push it up. So do yall think it mit be the master control? i have no clue what it mit be, all other windows work fine.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

I had the EXACT same problem, but i didnt go buy a new motor. Me and my dad opened up our drivers side master switch and test the current going through all the switch mechanisms. We discovered that for some reason the front passenger windows switch had broken and was constantly sending a signal to go up. Up overides down; therefore, we cant roll our window down. :) Soo we ordered off ebay for like $6 a new master switch, all is well now. hope that helps, nonetheless id say check the currents in the two switches and find out which one is messing up.

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

YES that does help out, but i dont think im gonna go opening up the master switch, i think im just gonna go buy a used one from the junkyard. but hopefully that solves the problem. thanks

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Sounds right..

Just clip and re-connect the wires to one of the back windows, thats what I'm doing on my Volvo right now, I never use the back windows cuz I have AC anyways.
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

No problem man, like i said though, i found a master switch on ebay for about $6, which might be a little cheaper than junkyard.

hope it goes well
    lemme know if i can help anymore :)

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

yeah went to check one out $45. ill check on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by silver01g View Post
    yeah went to check one out $45. ill check on ebay
    I also have one for sale, along with a bunch of other parts from a driver side front door. Just let me know if you need anything.

how much for your master control? i would have to wait til friday, i want to buy it at the same time i buy my motor mounts and HID fogs.