The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Transmission flush

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    PMMA1997

Transmission flush

Do any of you know how to properly flush a transmission? Coz if I could do it myself I dont want to pay an arm and a leg! Thanks guys.

to do it correctly, you need a professional flushing machine.

IllestGalant
    especially if your tranny blew up, you can't flush an oil cooler with a can of brake cleaner and an air hose no matter what anyone tells you.

stormcruiser

Take it to mitsu dealers

Take it to mitsu dealers.
    well...I just did mine...and it costed about 50 for the labor and 50 for the liquid...

I don't know where you are at but should be close to what I paid....

and I think 100 dollars is not too bad considering how it will make you tranny last longer...

Kain
    Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    to do it correctly, you need a professional flushing machine.
    Bah! To do it cleanly you need a machine. You can do it fine with some hoses, a bucket, a funnel, fluid and a friend. It's just messier. But, yeah if the dealership will do it for under $100 have them do it. It's easy to mess up if you don't know what you're doing (took me about 5 times before I did it right)

if i were you... i would just go to the dealer, ... dont wanna mess up ur tranny by adding too much or too little :x
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IllestGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>especially if your tranny blew up, you can't flush an oil cooler with a can of brake cleaner and an air hose no matter what anyone tells you.</div>

Speaking of experiance Illest??
    Yeah like everyone said take it to the dealership! Its worth it.
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

IllestGalant
    yeah, it is from experience but not on my own. Flushed a tranny at work that had a blown planetary, used brake cleaner and an compressed air cause our machine was broken. Car came back a month later for slipping shifts, the filter was packed with metal, thought I fucked up rebuilding it but turns out I had to replace the oil cooler. Damn there is a shit load of passages in those fuckers!!!