The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: wUn Up's 4G63 Swap...

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    l wUn Up l

wUn Up's 4G63 Swap...

This will be a thread following my 4G63-T swap on my 7G galant. Its probably gonna be a lil slow in the making but i promise it'll have lots of pretty pictures lol Heres a lil back round i guess.
    Bought the car YEARS back for my brother, almost new condition. He had it for a few months, crashed it and more or less sent me and my grandfather the bill and a wrecked car to put back together lol i needed a car so we built it back up with a few quarks here and there.
    Bought my first 240sx and sadly forgot about my little 7G lol although it was still driven by my grandfather occasionally.
    Well a few 240s, some RX-7s, a few Kawi's and Gixxers later and im somehow back to the galant lol
    I Was havin some motor issues, thought i had them solved then BAM oil all over the place lol Motor was blown and i was stranded (this happened today lol). I just so happen to have a friend with a parts 2G GS-T sitting in his back yard and he said i could yank the motor out if i wanted so thats just what i'll be doing lol

Anyways though, i've done some shallow researching (i've read this thread a few times over https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ght=7g%2C+swap ) and it seems much easier than an RB swap on a 240 so im sure i wont have to many problems. The only question i have just off of research alone is the swap possible to mate up with my 7g Auto tranny?
    I was planning a manual swap regardless so i guess having my motor out is as good of a time to do it but if i can avoid it for now.

I'll get some pics for you guys some time tomorrow of my 7G how it stands now, and hopefully i'll have most of the motor undone tomorrow as well. And if all goes well some pics of my new T-II vert =) Anything i should be warned about before i dive head first into this BESIDES its a DSM? DSM's, the only cars with a worse rep then rotary's lol

Besides the maintenance theres not much wrong with DSM's to be honest. Most aren't maintained and when pushed...well...break :p . I'm a bit more curious to see the Turbo II RX-7 to be honest. Friend of mine drives one, but he fails mechanically :( .
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

When you make as much power as dsm's do..... as easily as it is made with dsm's.... and as cheap as it is......
    factor in a LOT of people who don't know what they are doing.... multply that by the people who don't maintain their cars properly...... and raise that to the power of a lot of these guys don't know how to drive.....
    and you'll see why dsm's get a bad rep.

My car gives me no troubles.
    If i didn't create them myself.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

l wUn Up l
    Yea the T-II is postponed for another week or so. The motor i purchased was supposed to be "freshly rebuilt" but is showing signs that its been overheated. Gonna break it down later and check the apex seals and a few other things. If anything i have the N/A motor still sitting around that I know for a fact runs lol

As far as the swap, some time this week im gonna go check out the donor car. Hopefully i can grab both the motor and tranny and just do a 5-speed swap while im at it. I was looking at DOHCStunr's swap he has for sale, but comin up with the stack upfront is killing me.

My friend tells me the later 96 2G eclipses didnt have crankwalk as bad as the 94-95 models. So my initial fear of running into that after the swap is quelled. He also says that if the car doesnt show signs of it at all by 70k miles, chances are it wont get it. The donor motor has a lil over 100k on the odometer. Can anyone here clarify any of this as fact? I trust him because he's been into Talons since we were freshman in highschool way back when so i kno it cant be complete bs lol Well im gonna try and snap some pics before my camera battery dies. Maybe even start labling the wiring. Peace For now!

PS: Oh, if anyone has a Turbo that bolts up to a 4g63 or I/C and I/C piping that they are just tryin to get rid of let me know! As well as OEM or aftermarket suspension parts for the low! I wish i could post in the F/S WTB section but i cant yet =(
    Last edited by l wUn Up l; 06-08-2008 at 04:51 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I have IC piping, FMIC, and FMIC mount ready to bolt onto a 7g. PM me!

As for crankwalk, i wouldnt worry about it. If the motor has 100k on it already, its not going to crankwalk. And only 2g 7bolt motors really crankwalked(95-99), the newer the car, the less sparse crankwalk was. 90-91 6bolt and 92-94 7bolt motors did not crankwalk
    7g for life!

l wUn Up l
    PM sent...

Good luck on the swap!!! nice to see your taking intrest in the 7g after all the other kick a$s rides you 've been through...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

l wUn Up l
    Quote Originally Posted by phizzalot View Post
    Good luck on the swap!!! nice to see your taking intrest in the 7g after all the other kick a$s rides you 've been through...
    Well i sure as hell wont be driving the RX7 on a daily lol Gas prices are to high lol and Im trying not to get another bike till after i finish basic training.
    besides, i was borrowing the car when the motor went so the least i can do is put a new.. better motor? LoL and im getting the whole setup for near free. A few hundred bucks for the motor, tranny and all else. I need a few misc gaskets, the turbo and IC parts but its still a good deal you know.
    Hopefully if i do this car right, FWD platforms wont scare me so much lol

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    i have a used 7 bolt fidanza flywheel, if you want to go manual. Turbo manifold, stock O2 housing and side mount IC, currently using the turbo though. PM me if you desire... OH, and a lower rear OBX tie bar

l wUn Up l
    PM sent... Tomorro hopefully starts the begining ^_^ Court and some stuff with my recruiter in the morning and then starting to tear down the 4g64 motor... The motor+auto tranny will be for sale. All i can say is its leaking oil bad. No loud bang, or pop, or clunk, just lost oil. Car turns on and drives still (put a lil oil in earlier).

l wUn Up l
    Ok So im starting to get some parts and what not together and damn this swap is gonna take more than i thought =/ I guess nothings ever as easy as it seems lol
    Im somewhat thinking of doing the headswap and leaving it N/A (not sure if my grandfather would appreciate boost when i give him the car back when i leave for the airforce LOL) But we'll see. Someone backed into my galant last night and now i need a new RAD support, and a few other things. Still working on pics lol Gonna go jack the car up now and see where the oil is comin from =/

l wUn Up l
    Swaps on hold =/ Some pics of the 7G and the FC are in my other thread in the members rides section. Recent court shit set me back a good $3,000 so im not in any position to be messing with engine swaps.. this sucks because i was looking forward to some good ol 4g63 FWD fun =)... this thread can be locked or deleted since it wont be put to use for some time... =/

That's too bad man.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    ok i'll bite.....what'd they want $3k from you for?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd