The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: weird prob ....plz help

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

weird prob ....plz help

I put in a system like 2 weeks ago it worked fine, but now i noticed that my radio/dashlights dim whenever the subs bump, i also noticed that when im on the highway goin at like 6o o 70 and ill llet off the gas pedel the radio will sometimes turn off and on real quick. one of my buddys suggested i get a capacitor but i was thinkin its more of a alternator prob i jus dont want b driving and my alternator dies in the midle of the highway. i hav hids on the car to am i over powering my alternator?...plz help thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Your alternator is failing. Its having a hard time maintaining the voltage draw with your system and other additional electronics as its starting to fail.

A healthy alternator should resolve your issues.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

how many amp alt should i by ....if i by the same it has on now, wont it do the same thing?

Get a capacitor and a new alternator. Mine had the same symptoms for about 2 months. I recently got my capitor installed, but the alternator still died earlier tonight. At any rate, a fresh altrnator and capacitor should solve the problem for a while. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, you should be fine with the standard 90A alternator.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I'm on my 3rd alty with my system.. And I have a cap..

Just turn down your bass and your gains and you wont have that problem anymore...lol!
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Just dont get a system, problem solved..

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I have a 4000w system.. :)