The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Electrical Problem

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Electrical Problem

So yeah after taking my car to the shop and paying them $536.02 to change my alternator I noticed they apparently did something to my electrical system. And by "did something" I mean that the dash only illuminates when I step on the brake, actually it ONLY illuminates when I step on the brake, not only that but it illuminates even when the headlights are off. Also which is very annoying is the fact that the whole rear end of my car is off until I step on the brake and then the all of the lights illuminate (minus the turn signals and reverse lights) which makes driving at night practically illegal. In addition to that I almost burned out my damn headlights because I no longer have the annoying "beeeeep" go off when I take the key out with the headlights on.

And ever since I pulled the car out of the shop, my car could only drive for about 30 min before it idles at around 150RPM then eventually stalls, which has never happened before.

I am going to go back to the shop but I can almost guarantee the bastards are going to somehow say this was all my fault and charge me another arm and a leg for something simple, which is definitely what I am attempting to avoid.

At any rate, what could the problem be and how easy it is to fix?

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Why not take it back and have them fix it, if you think they did it?? Makes no sense to have this thread if you believe they did it and therefor should still be under warranty, free fix.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    yeh as long as they didnt make any note of such symphtons before the car came into the shop on a work order or anything.. looks like your in the clear