The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: my low budget projector headlight project....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 101
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Why do people have to be on him about 'blinding' people? Why don't people here chastise others who have installed HIDs in their oem headlights? Its more than acceptable to help him along the way to doing a proper retrofit but if you won't add anything constructive to the conversation why post? If his wife complained about it I'm sure he'd be changing a lot of things, and the police for that matter if they are really bright would have pulled him over by now.

The bottom line is 1) This just goes to show you should not do a 'budget' projector retrofit, use the proper shrouds, housings, ballasts, parts, etc... and 2) some people will just argue for the sake of arguing.

Guy, as long as you are satisfied, and the retrofit is a least 95% of what Reelax has stressed to you than I'm sure its more than adequate for your everyday needs. Good job otherwise.

i stated a fact, im trying to help him be safe, if he blinds someone and something happens guess what, guy is going to jail. This is unsafe and why would you support it? he tried, he failed we live and learn. but throughout this whole thread people are telling him its unsafe so i tried my best to be as blunt as possible so it saves him in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by h2o View Post
    i stated a fact, im trying to help him be safe, if he blinds someone and something happens guess what, guy is going to jail. This is unsafe and why would you support it? he tried, he failed we live and learn. but throughout this whole thread people are telling him its unsafe so i tried my best to be as blunt as possible so it saves him in the future.
    Never said I support it or not, just pointing out that if it was so 'blinding' to oncoming traffic he would have already had issues. I have HIDs in my factory headlights without projectors are you going to chastise me? A mention also, I've had them in for 6 months + and not one single time have I been flashed by oncoming drivers or had issues with the police.

Never said I support it or not, just pointing out that if it was so 'blinding' to oncoming traffic he would have already had issues. I have HIDs in my factory headlights without projectors are you going to chastise me? A mention also, I've had them in for 6 months + and not one single time have I been flashed by oncoming drivers or had issues with the police.
    hey go ahead have them, i honestly could give a rip already, but if i see a thread in here(look at honda-tech) saying you were at fault because you caused someone to crash i am going to laugh my ass off at your expense.

hey go ahead have them, i honestly could give a rip already, but if i see a thread in here(look at honda-tech) saying you were at fault because you caused someone to crash i am going to laugh my ass off at your expense.
    Driven by tens of thousands of cars, no problems. You are just a inconsiderate little newbie aren't you?

This thread title needs to change to:

"8G Stupid Mod Theory #3 (Budget Projectors)"

well since none of u have seen this in person i guess no one really knows right... so this is a dead topic.. can someone lock this tread
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    well since none of u have seen this in person i guess no one really knows right...
    none of us have seen this in person because we don't know anybody that would separate the lens from a projector and think that it work w/ a stock headlight reflector. u are in a class of your own. how can i relay the information to you that the reason you have such horrendous hot spots is because you are no using the ellipsoidal reflector that was made to match the projector lens you simply affixed in front of your stock bulb... that simply will NEVER work well. I'm not so concerned about you blinding anyone, I'm more appalled that you have spent all this time and effort only to make your headlights function worse than before, and are still defending your errors. and as far as none of us knowing... look around at some of our cars; it's pretty evident that some of who gave u advice might now a lot more than you about this subject and were trying in vain to help u to avoid the pitfalls that u were insisting on achieving. bottom line, the beam pattern you have created is unsafe for u, let alone other drivers.

i appreciate your initiative: it's the ignorance of the wisdom of more knowledgeable members that defies my comprehension. i still think u are so c
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 07-08-2008 at 09:16 PM

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    hey guyn props on the try.. at least ur doin diff things n i support that to an extent.. it is good to try new things and its good to have the guts to do a project but in another aspect i think unless youve had experience with hids and projectors then you should listen to what people have to say.. dont get me wrong im not bashing u at all i think its cool ur doin ur own thing and all just at the end of the day i think u should sit down and look at what u have and what u could of had and think about it

later if i get a second set of heads i will try it the other way, but for now i am happy
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

guynlidia,

take a vid of your lights in a Dark parking lot or a street that isnt busey have someone walk about 1000ft in front of the car and have them walk from the far right side to the far left, or vice versa.

just for reference.

see my beam pattern below:

white light= low, nice and wide. sharp cutoff doesnt blind drivers on opposite side, but gives you the width the see where you are turning into. see how much light goes up over the cutoff? the little angle going up the right side gives you engouh light to lighten up the road signs on the right side.

yellow=high beam pattern=like your heads. you dont have to go up much on the angle to blind oncomming traffic. a very minute increase in the angle gets pronounced at a distance.

Headlights are tricky. proper alignment is just as important as planning/designing and the actual build process.

Last edited by ASTIG; 07-08-2008 at 10:47 PM

GREEN is the new BLACK

mine does look like the high beam pattern... but it is much lower... like i said eariler i will get another set of heads and try it the other way, i still have all the compents to do it...
    Mods:

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    astig sell me your headlights and guyn post progress of the next set!

Driven by tens of thousands of cars, no problems. You are just a inconsiderate little newbie aren't you?
    haha ya im a newbie ON A FORUM!!!! whoopty doo, also you ever think to yourself why it is now illegal to sell hid retrofit kits? I may be new to the forum but at least i know simple facts.

haha ya im a newbie ON A FORUM!!!! whoopty doo, also you ever think to yourself why it is now illegal to sell hid retrofit kits? I may be new to the forum but at least i know simple facts.
    If its such a bad thing, why doesn't the government go after those that sell these retrofit kits? Regardless of legality adjusted properly I've not had any issues, and better light output. Neons are illegal, people use them. Fireworks are illegal in many states, but people can buy them. That aside...whats the big deal with what the OP did? Have you seen the light pattern in person? Have you been blinded by someone who had HIDs? Is it as right to say that you'll laugh when someone crashes because they were blinded from someones HIDs?

Anyways...

Dave, this looks like a good example of "some people arguing just for the sake of arguing...

And I'd just like to point out, throughout this entire post and with all the advice that the OP has been given NOT ONCE has he had his headlights aligned professionally or even aligned to a grid on the garage door. He aligned his headlights to a f*cking bush. So as long as he drives on roads with oncoming bushes his retrofit should be adequate.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by ASTIG View Post
    just for reference.

see my beam pattern below:

DAMN! I need TSX projectors :D
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    DAMN! I need TSX projectors :D
    and that's output from 8000k. it was slightly brighter with 6000k and 4300k, but I needed more rice. hehe

GREEN is the new BLACK

its yall projector guys that make me wanna go down that road. i love that cutoff line

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Quote Originally Posted by ASTIG View Post
    and that's output from 8000k. it was slightly brighter with 6000k and 4300k, but I needed more rice. hehe
    yeah I'm really debating taking my stock heads I pulled off when I put my new project heads on and redoing it all with those TSX projectors. Plus there were some kinks I worked out durring the 1st headlight an a few minor kinks that I would need to change if I do it again.

Oh so tempting..... :smt100

Any suggestions on a good place to get a set? I noticed on ebay they were pretty pricey. But then again, they were coming with the HID bulbs and ballasts too.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast