The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: neon durability

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    BuZZeDCooKieS

neon durability

i want to mount some neon tubes behind my vents.....how do they stand up to that heat/cold?

o0 XeRO G 0o
    tubes?!? i think youd be better off with l.e.d.'s. I've had l.e.d.'s in my vents for maybe 5 months or so, and I had the heat on 3.5 of those months, and just now started usin the AC. They've held up great. I figured with the heat from the heater, the glue would melt, but nope.

BuZZeDCooKieS
    arent leds a bitch to do? neons are just screw in and wire to a switch

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    same with LEDs just gotta get the Varrad type ones off of eBay. Wire black to ground and red to switch and ur set...
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i have a couple neon tubes there, i've had em there for about 3 months now, no signs of melting or any wear/tear.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

What size tubes?? 2 or 3 inch?
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeGalant
    What size tubes?? 2 or 3 inch?
    yea where u gone find small tubes like that,, even if you do find emm they will atleast coast you around,, like 20 bucks each,, where you can get 6 led for around 20 bucks on www.ebay.com

here is the tutorial from club3g,, i know its not for galant,, but its the same concept,,, this should help you out in basic...

http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.ph...?threadid=53406

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

you shouldn't have any problems with the neons or even the led's. the neons would be in the vent so they are protected from physical damage. as for the temperature changes, that shouldn't matter either. its not like ur spraying cold or hot water on the neons and the contacts. just make sure u have a good connections and you shouldn't have any problems.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

BuZZeDCooKieS
    if i got leds from radio shack would i have to by a resistor or trnsformer or anything and if so what do i do w that

humm i got those led neon undercar kit and it has to have a transformer but thats cuz it gots 10 diffrent flashes it does

Quote Originally Posted by BuZZeDCooKieS
    if i got leds from radio shack would i have to by a resistor or trnsformer or anything and if so what do i do w that
    you might need a resistor. it all depends. different led's need different amount of voltage. ur car is pushing 12 but if u put in morethan the led's need, u might blow the led out. i love it when they explode

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.