The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant V6 Misfire

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Galant V6 Misfire

So my car has been sitting for almost a year because of a bad fuel pump. I have replaced it yesturday and now the car sound like it is misfiring. When I stand under the hood the enging sounds fine but when I stand by the tail pipe it give a pop every minute or so. Could it be bc the car was sitting for so so long. Or did the CAT go bad. I just did a tune up spark plugs, cables and all before the fuel pump when down. I have a little over 200k miles. Never had this prblem of misfiring before.

rammor02
    it prob just dropped a cylinder, do you have problems accelerating?Is the SES light on?
    You could put it under a load...In other words. With your left foot hold the brake and the right after you put it in drive rev up to 1500- 2K. If it has a misfire it will be real noticeable. And if your brave eNuF you or someone else can unplug an injector one at a time till you notice no difference. other than the regular misfire.

Or the old fashion way, scan it. It will narrow down to what cylinder if thats the prob.

and welcome.

I do have problems accelerating. the rpms are high but the car is going no where slow. The SES light is not on. Would a low or almost dead battery be a problem as well? I am going to get a new battery today. I did the whole brake and gas thing in drive but no back fire only at an idel. Oh yeah I went on a drive last night to see if I can charge the battrey but its a no go. I noticed when I was accelerating I can here it misfire on the freeway.

do you have fresh gas in there? its been sitting for a year you said.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by jvilla00V6es View Post
    So my car has been sitting for almost a year because of a bad fuel pump.
    You figured out your own problem.

Just like me after some late night Taco Bell... bad gas.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

full tank of fresh gas. It had less that a 1/8 of a tank when i replaced the fuel pump. and i did this "You could put it under a load...In other words. With your left foot hold the brake and the right after you put it in drive rev up to 1500- 2K. If it has a misfire it will be real noticeable" after I put in a new battery. Now my enging has a bad idel than before

I figured it out. I for got to hook up the hose to the fuel pressure regulator.