The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Locked out of my car!

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Locked out of my car!

I have a clifford 479x alarm withe remote start, im currently in class and can not get into my car because the alarm has faulted out. The door locks are disabled when the alarm is activated so i cant use my key and the old trick with a coat hanger and screw driver dosnt work. i have to be to work by 4:30 so i really need to get in. are there any tricks i can use to get in, if anyone knows one, the last thing that i can think of is to carefully remove my third window on one of my rear doors, but i dont want it to break, so that is my last option.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Or call an auto lock company to see if they can "pop" it open. Let us know how you make out.
    Love,
    Matt

you cant manually unlock the door?
    what about going thru the trunk? do you have a 4 yr old handy?

Lawl. Well i got in. I ended up just removing the third window on the back door and manually unlocking the car. pop the window back in and drove away. since my alarm wasn't activated which it should have been i was able to start and drive my car. I have an appointment with the company who installed the alarm to have maintenance done on the system with a full reprogramming, and possibly a new remote all covered under warranty. Im happy that i got in and that they are going to warranty the system for me, the only thing that sucks is ill have to leave my car unlocked for a couple of hours while im in class. also i ordered a set of lock cylinders so this cant happen again.

1996 galant s

Also if it happens again, you can call the local police station, or im sure if you have security guards or police officers at your school they have that thing that opens up car doors, cant think of the name atm...
    ~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    ^^^slim jim?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    How is beef jerky gunna help?

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    How is beef jerky gunna help?
    Couldnt hold back on that one right lol

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Slim-Jim

dude a 7g galant is about the easiest thing in the world to break into. The top of your front doors will flex easily with a bit of leverage and you can fit a redwood tree through the gap and unlock it.

Hotwiring it is another story entirely, especially if your car came with Shiftlock from the factory. It basically locks the steering column, shift lever, ignition cylinder, and brake pedal! yeah without the key its a real bitch to get the car going anywhere lol
    141,000 miles.

6 dents.

Yellowed, cloudy headlights.

spraypaint on the door panels.

oh, and if you have no problem getting a spare window installed later that day, you can always wrap your shirt around your fist and punch it out. Just be sure to hit it straight on so you don't break your wrist.
    141,000 miles.

6 dents.

Yellowed, cloudy headlights.

spraypaint on the door panels.

Quote Originally Posted by galantryinbattle View Post
    oh, and if you have no problem getting a spare window installed later that day, you can always wrap your shirt around your fist and punch it out. Just be sure to hit it straight on so you don't break your wrist.
    Or if you are really crafty like me you know how to pop it out without breaking it.! read my post that's how i got into the car.

1996 galant s