The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is my Galant Canadian?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    ha. what a lie. there is no canadian galant in 99. mitsu's weren't sold in canada brand new til septemeber of 2k2 when the first mitsu dealers opened in canada. b4 that all of the mitsu's were imported, mostly from the US.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Danj my mats look exactly like yours, but i have a 2000 ES..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>ha. what a lie. there is no canadian galant in 99. mitsu's weren't sold in canada brand new til septemeber of 2k2 when the first mitsu dealers opened in canada. b4 that all of the mitsu's were imported, mostly from the US.</div>

Yeah, I thought I read that somewhere before.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>Danj my mats look exactly like yours, but i have a 2000 ES..</div>

What the... OK, well forget my theory then. This is really wierd. Did Mitsu just put in the heater ducts at random or what?

Alright, I just checked Mitsu's website. Click here and look under comfort & convenience. You will see the rear heater ducts which are only for the LS I4, LS V6 and GTZ in 2003. I dug up a brochure I got in the mail for the 2001 Galants and the rear heater ducts are standard on the ES V6, LS (only V6 that year) and GTZ. But, they are part of a premium package for the ES I4. So, that explains why some ES I4 owners have the rear heater ducts and some don't. I'm assuming the same goes for 1999-2000 models as well. Therefore, the rear heater ducts are trim specific, either standard or with a premium package.

00GTZ00
    I have a 2000 GTZ and do not have the rear heater vents!!! WTF is up with that?!!! I got ripped!!! :evil:

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GTZ00)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a 2000 GTZ and do not have the rear heater vents!!! WTF is up with that?!!! Â* I got ripped!!! :evil:</div>

Kinda like how the 99s didn't have ABS or whatnot. The 2003s get the best of everything for 8g except styling and performance
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GTZ00)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a 2000 GTZ and do not have the rear heater vents!!! WTF is up with that?!!! Â* I got ripped!!! :evil:</div>

u sure? my 2k ESV6 has em. its like under the seats.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

00GTZ00
    I'll double check but I am 99.9% sure I do not have them!

ohhhh maybe I got a 2000 GTZ "light" edition that people were never told about!!!!

Senior TGC Member
    Well remember that the Galant seems to be built with a mesh-mash of whatever was lying around. That's why some 2000 models are Cali spec and some aren't, why some still have the 2 piston front calipers and why some still only have 1, etc. Seems to be the assembly plant just slapped together whatever was in the bin box at the time
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GTZ00)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll double check but I am 99.9% sure I do not have them!

ohhhh maybe I got a 2000 GTZ "light" edition that people were never told about!!!! Â*</div>

All you need to do is check on the shape of your front mats. If the bottom of the mat is straight, then you do not have the heater ducts, but if the bottom of the mat has the slant in it, then you do have the heater ducts.

------

Anyway, anyone who may want to buy these mats can now order the correct fitment. GG Bailey updated their site. If you do not have the heater ducts, just select "Galant" on their site. But, if you do have the heater ducts, select "Galant Canada" instead.

FedEx picked up the mats today and my corrected ones should be sent out around Tuesday.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GTZ00)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a 2000 GTZ and do not have the rear heater vents!!! WTF is up with that?!!! Â* I got ripped!!! :evil:</div>

Kinda like how the 99s didn't have ABS or whatnot. The 2003s get the best of everything for 8g except styling and performance </div>

My '99 ES V6 has 4 wheel disc rotors and ABS. The ABS has saved my ass a few times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12