The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Radiator???

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Radiator???

hey everybody [sorry if i placed this thread in the wrong section] but i need to know where i buy i radiator to replace the stock one or what brand is good to replace it with... i need to have my radiator changed because today i found a tiny slit on the top "plastic" part of the radiator and its spitting out antifreeze everywhere... i was actually thinking of upgrading to a chrome or "high-performance" radiator if possible... PLEASE HELP ME OUT.. THANKS ALOT!!! :p

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

ebay...
    "For every beautiful woman, there's a man somewhere who's tired of sleeping with her."

near by autoparts shop should have a replacement

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Ebay will be cheaper and if you have any mechanical ability and basic hand tools you can change it out yourself and save some cash.

You also dont need a high performance radiator, and if you did it would be custom because nobody makes direct bolt in high performance radiators for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    radiator barn online is good I bought an all metal one from them

thanxs for tha help!!

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

rockauto.com
    ordered one when i had my altima. Pricing was good, and i got it in 2 days.

With a little moding I did a evo 7 3 core radiator aluminum .
    Now I have to figuer a way to redo the turbo set up.

I recently had the same exact problem with a small crack at the top that would spray everywhere when hot, but i went the least expensive route. I wasnt able to afford a new radiator at the time so i bought jb weld for 5 dollars. I drained the level in the radiator slightly so the coolant would stop seeping out of the crack, roughed up the surface a little with some sandpaper, the cleaned it, then applied the jb weld and let it cure overnight. I had to apply one more coat to be able to hold against the pressure about a week later but it has been over six months now with no leak and more money in my pocket.
    2002 Galant GTZ
    1967 Cougar XR-7 w/289 c.i. (Project)

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    just figured out mine cracked today on the way home from school... messy messy messy

Our stock radiators have a tranny "cooler" on the bottom. I dont know how efficient it is or if it is needed if swapping to an aftermarket radiator

just call me up at work and i will get it for you checp... you can carry it out.. or we can install it
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    ^who are u talkin to lol... this thraed was started a while ago

picked up a koyo radiator from ebay a month ago for 100 bucks. good solid oem replacement. changing the radiator takes 30 minutes at most
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Quote Originally Posted by ZigenScarface View Post
    ^who are u talkin to lol... this thraed was started a while ago
    lol i agree with Zigen... i already replaced my radiator :smt082....

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY