The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g Carbon Fiber Trunk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
    can someone explain the diff between 94-96 and 97-98? I have a 93 VR4 so it's all jibberish to me....
    USDM 94-96 Galants had a 3 piece tailight assembly LH and RH tailight assembly on the rear quarters and a center tailight assembly the whole width of the trunk width.

97-98 USDM Galants have a 4 peice tailight assembly. LH and RH quarter panel lights and a LH and RH tailight on each side of the trunk lid.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

but they are just plastic parts that fill up the center right? The trunklid itself should be largely identical?

lemme search:

ah but then wouldn't making the 94-96 one make more sense? Since the world market never came in the USDM 97-98 form.....so making the old version would cater to some local Galant owners while excess can be sold through eBay or what not....

I hate the 97-98 design btw.

the trunk lids are diffrent. everybody has their opinions. but i don't like 94-96 style. and then on top of it pay like 250 + for diamond edition tails

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

or < $250 :)

i'm not even gonna say how much i have spent in 2 month on this car. unless they are free......

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Gotta admit, DE tails on a CF trunk would be secks.

So no list started for 97-98 buyers?

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    I really can't do it, but if i did it would have to be 94-96 trunk, I'm not ditching my tails either.

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    I really can't do it, but if i did it would have to be 94-96 trunk, I'm not ditching my tails either.
    x2 cant let the tails go! Would be nice to have a CF trunk.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

so have either of you asked the manufacturers about cf hoods? if they would make cf hoods for our car... specifically CF Evo style hoods?

that what make this so have to get going. What cant decide on a truck to make a mold from. The guy at Raceonusa explained that he would make the new trunk cause the will be more ppl wit a latter model, since 7g are getting old and not a lot of 7gers beside members TGC are up on the JDM spec stuff. I more cost effective for him.

Quote Originally Posted by njjfudge View Post
    x2 cant let the tails go! Would be nice to have a CF trunk.
    x3

x99.9

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Gal View Post
    that what make this so have to get going. What cant decide on a truck to make a mold from. The guy at Raceonusa explained that he would make the new trunk cause the will be more ppl wit a latter model, since 7g are getting old and not a lot of 7gers beside members TGC are up on the JDM spec stuff. I more cost effective for him.
    Well it's only North American Galants that can use these trunks then OF COURSE it's going to suck for sales.

Make 94-96 tails so they can sell world wide. sheesh. :smt074

well I want one but wow...how much for a 94-96
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

I want one too for 94-96.

with the responce of the board are you guys considering just having them make 94-96 trunks? is there any more info about this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12