The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Night Shade my taillights, but...

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    99_Galant

Night Shade my taillights, but...

I use nightshade for my taillights 2 weeks ago, but I would want them darker. Would I still have to sand them?

Left taillight

looks just like mine, cept mine are alot shinier. ya sand them and throw some more layers on there and u should be good. word of advice, when applying the clearcoat, the close you spray the wetter it looks when it dries. but be careful not to get too close and make it bubble and turn white. those are undesired effects
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

looks good so far ... ive seen darker tails.....nice job
    wise up or stand down

I think that looks perfect as it is, I i like the fact that it looks slightly smoked instead of really dark, id consider keeping it that way

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

Once you go darker, they produce hardly any light output. I use these for shows ONLY.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorlax5506 View Post
    I think that looks perfect as it is, I i like the fact that it looks slightly smoked instead of really dark, id consider keeping it that way
    x2
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    x2
    x3 just noticeable to enough to know that it's not factory.. IF you decide to go darker i'd say buy another set just for shows if you're in to that.
    MARCH 2009 COTM
    fully interfaced with Xbox Media Center. learn more at www.xbmc.org[/b]

Ballin' on a budget

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Get another set..

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Once you go darker, they produce hardly any light output. I use these for shows ONLY.

x2

Plus if you go really dark, you "might" get rear ended. So safety first.

Quote Originally Posted by SleekGTZ View Post
    x2

Plus if you go really dark, you "might" get rear ended. So safety first.
    x3

I've known people who were rear ended because of excessively darkened brake lights. Or the case if they are burned out you can't even see the reflectors at night.

I'd leave them as is.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    DAVE FOR PRES! haha

yea leave them as is. safety is better then looks.

yeah, the niteshades stuff really isnt worth it. anyway, if you still want to go a little darker, I say wetsand them with 400 then put another coat on, then spray a clear coat on them. should work fine. and you should proly buy some L.E.D. bulbs so the light output can be seen.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

i would leave them as is too.

We have 2 99 galant user names now.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

99_Galant
    Aright guys, thanx for the some suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    yeah, the niteshades stuff really isnt worth it. anyway, if you still want to go a little darker, I say wetsand them with 400 then put another coat on, then spray a clear coat on them. should work fine. and you should proly buy some L.E.D. bulbs so the light output can be seen.
    PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS POST

led bulbs that go in your original sockets are nowhere near as bright as the normal filament bulbs. they do not light up the reflector either most of the time and u can only see two dots where the bulb is. it would be highly unsafe to black out your tails and then put LED's in. LED's are dim enough in stock taillights. the only way u can get away with it is if u go with aftermarket taillights or retrofit like another guy on the forum did
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS POST

led bulbs that go in your original sockets are nowhere near as bright as the normal filament bulbs. they do not light up the reflector either most of the time and u can only see two dots where the bulb is. it would be highly unsafe to black out your tails and then put LED's in. LED's are dim enough in stock taillights. the only way u can get away with it is if u go with aftermarket taillights or retrofit like another guy on the forum did
    my bad, it was an idea. I thought it would be brighter due to the bulbs i've seen on DWJP and Greddy's Galants.

I'm a mechanic not a lighting expert, my fault for trying to give advice without actually having experience in it.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights