The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sunroof prob

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    whitelightning

Sunroof prob

The motor only clicks and noting happens! Any ideas what might be wrong?

IllestGalant
    someone glued your sunroof to your roof
    maybe a bad motor

BEAST
    Bad motor?
    Short?
    Switch Bad?

If the motors grinding, it is probably the motor

whitelightning
    i think mine may be aftermarket, can anyone post a pic of their factory sunroof or moonroof? thanks

well its simple, if u have a rubber seal going around ur headliner then u know its aftermarket

what nyctrini said may be true but on mine they put a cheap headliner over the old one and the rubber is not visible... on mine i knew it was aftermarket becuase 1. the brand is skytop.. says on the panel that slides back and forth, 2. they tapped the power wires into the heater fuse (i think its the heater fuse) on the fuse box, 3. the "brain" looks something like a computer chip is under the dash on the drivers side next to the clutch, factory i believe is on top under the headliner.
    95 Galant S ~> 5 Speed Manual

read this thread.. its from when i had my sunroof problem.. try what everyone suggested you might find your problem, it might be some stupid little problem like mine was... http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9678
    95 Galant S ~> 5 Speed Manual

whitelightning
    I do not have a rubber seal on mine but it has a weird looking drop down part that comes straight off the headliner. I do not see a rubber seal or anything else that would amke me think that it is aftermarket but i am really not sure. Thanx