The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Convince Me Please

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    I have the m3 lip spoiler, and I'm getting factory evo 8 wheels, you may have to roll the rear fenders, but they bolt right on. KYB AGX is the way to go. I personally would go with Eibach springs if you can find them, but S-techs are good too.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    where are you located?

iMTB
    Florida

I think I have a much better plan then modding the Galant.

2010 Camaro Fund: $7,500/$20,000

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Even though those Galant that these guys showed you are nice, they cost a lot to make them look that way. To be honest with you 4K will not get a 4 cylinder galant into the low 14s, I don't think. They run high 17s stock with Intake and exhaust. I know that you can get a Galant over 300whp with a 5spd eclipse transmission swap, evo head swap and other stuff but do you have or want to spend 6k or more to make it happen?? That first Galant in that picture cost over 3k just for exterior parts to make it look that way. The reason I asked what kind of Jeep you have is because I know guys that have Jeeps and go off road like I do in my Ranger and would be sad to loose that freedom. I drive my ranger as a daily and I take it mudding and climbing, fishing, just throw eerything back there and is like my right hand, and when I drive my wifes 4cylinder galant, it feels like I'm driving a pinto. I keep pushing the gas pedal but torque and HP is not there like the truck. If you like the way the galant drives and you dont care if you cant go offroad anymore like a jeep can, then do it but make sure that you are 100% sure or you will regret it.
    for 8G's

i ran a 17.4 with a bad clutch bone stock on 17's

i'm hopefully going to go in two weeks and put between 14.8-15.0 on motor. stock 7g's run 15.9's all day long 5spd and stock.

you got to remember these cars are older with older tech. the gti was newer and turbo.

stewi beat a STI with a stock evo motor and FWD in the rain at the track!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

some of the cars you guys are showing him arent very euro style. im guessing he's probably into the OEM+ look. a car that looks OEM but way better because because of the mixing and matching of different oem parts. wheel wise u have a large selection due to the galant being able to fit a wide variety of wheels. u got the bolt pattern of 5x114.3 meaning all the euro wheels u may like will fit with the use of wobble bolts. when slamming a galant u dont run into the problems u have with say the GTI's oilpan since its very high up in the chassis. the thing u have to scrape is the frame and maybe the bottom of the transmission if you like to be dangerous. heres my fav white galant:

and heres mine

RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by iMTB View Post
    I have a wrangler, it goes offroading alot as you can see in the pics I posted.

And 17s with intake and exhaust?!?!? LOL I ran a 20.1@67 in my 2.4l 6 speed WRANGLER with a 2.88 60'!!!

I used to be disappointed running high 13s in my GTI and I did my first 13.5 with just software and a $7 exhaust dump a fabbed up.

I thought with a turbo kit and such these cars had some potential given the large online community.

So aside from speed I have found out I can make them look pretty good:

*the red one with a europlate on the front*

This help me put togeter a potential mod list (with performance mods completely out of the picture)
    -Tien Stech Springs (had them in my GTI and loved them, and I can't find much for coils)
    -KYB shocks
    -M3 Lip Spoiler
    -Nice wheels, maybe some factory evo wheels? (Can someone give me the wheel specs? I think it's 5x114.3/5x4.5 but I have no idea on the offset)
    That car looks hot! too bad its not white for the OP :)

Park your freaking jeep in the street and keep both, no brainer really

Get the Galant! I don't mind the stock galant being slow because you can make them fast. What is important is it's luxury and sporty look and there's lots of customization you can to it (jdm conversion..etc.). At the end of the day people turn their heads on your car if it has a good paint job or styling and most of all nice custom rims on it.. They don't recognize the engine since it's under the hood unless you accelerate and show off in the street which is stupid, you put your life and others at risk..
    Last edited by Galante; 11-10-2008 at 09:22 AM
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Yeah, take the Galant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12