The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My car vibrates really hard sometimes.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    this thread is weak sauce

I am currently encountering the same problem. Narrowed it down to a few issues that help decrease the shaking significantly. Hub centric rings were worn terribly so the wheels (after market) were not centered perfectly like they are now with the new rings.

The inner tie rods were bad. After replacing the inner tie rods I went to get the necessary alignment (Thanks to Firestone for having a lifetime alignment deal). These two actions eliminated 50% of the shaking alone.

While I had the wheels off, I went ahead and changed the Rotors out for good measures.

After inspecting the motormounts, the rear motor/tranny mount is worn horribly. You can actually see half of the rubber gone inside the mount where the bolt goes through.

I believe this is where most of my shaking comes from when at a complete stop with the car in drive or reverse. I also experience the shaking when I get between 60mph and 75 mph. Only while the transmission is pulling. If I let off the accelerator, the car will stop shaking. When I engage again, the car will start shaking again.

I have another on the way and hope to replace it this coming weekend.

Hope this solves the problem. I will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyphases View Post
    I am currently encountering the same problem. Narrowed it down to a few issues that help decrease the shaking significantly. Hub centric rings were worn terribly so the wheels (after market) were not centered perfectly like they are now with the new rings.

The inner tie rods were bad. After replacing the inner tie rods I went to get the necessary alignment (Thanks to Firestone for having a lifetime alignment deal). These two actions eliminated 50% of the shaking alone.

While I had the wheels off, I went ahead and changed the Rotors out for good measures.

After inspecting the motormounts, the rear motor/tranny mount is worn horribly. You can actually see half of the rubber gone inside the mount where the bolt goes through.

I believe this is where most of my shaking comes from when at a complete stop with the car in drive or reverse. I also experience the shaking when I get between 60mph and 75 mph. Only while the transmission is pulling. If I let off the accelerator, the car will stop shaking. When I engage again, the car will start shaking again.

I have another on the way and hope to replace it this coming weekend.

Hope this solves the problem. I will keep you posted.
    Well I got the motor/tranny mounts in. This took care of the vibration at a stationary position. However I still had the vibration when I get up past 50-60mph. So I had it inspected and my passenger side axle was bent. I had both axles replaced and now she drives like it was brand new.

Went ahead and put some new rubber on there as well.

We are back in the game baby.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    w

from what i have read, lavie2k9 hit it on the nail for your issue IF when it shakes you are around 65-70mph. my car shakes around those speeds. i dont think it has to do with balanced tires. I have ran with 2 sets of 18's both just balanced before put on, and my stocks that were also balanced when they were on. so i think it is more of the motor mounts. the vibrations usually stop around 75-80. but when the speed limit is 65... it does get annoying. so i would try the motor mounts first.

his first post is a common question that yes has been discussed before, but each thread has different info. there was no need for the second post and the 3rd post coulda been a bit less on the OP's part. for all of you calling him a newb when it was his first/second posts and then just being dicks bcuz he said fuck you. get over it. this forum has to stop doing this shit.

good luck with this. and next time give a little more info.
    Its the bearings my 8g does this too. My motor mounts are brand new and wheels are balanced. You have to either change the whole hub assembly or send the hub assembly to a machine shop to put another one in.

Dealer price: $305 (robbery if you ask me)

lp3131
    Greddy I dont like u... If i saw u in person I would spank u.:smt064:smt117:smt117:smt117:smt117

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lp3131 View Post
    greddy i like u... If i saw u in person i would spank u.

wtf!!!?????

greddy is a well respected member of the tgc community.

Dont bother posting when what you say has nothing to do with the thread

Now as far as the dealer being robbery I agree. Autozone has em for 104

Greddy - You're in mate ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Da_silvagride View Post
    Its the bearings my 8g does this too. My motor mounts are brand new and wheels are balanced. You have to either change the whole hub assembly or send the hub assembly to a machine shop to put another one in.

Dealer price: $305 (robbery if you ask me)
    That sounds about average for a pressed bearing installation (higher labor cost). And it sounds about normal for a hub bearing unit installation (higher part cost)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12