The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: galant on ebay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    Wow, what a POS he turned that poor car into. He has a a Recaro looking ripoff for one seat, and the rest are cloth...

I don't even want to mention how he turned this poor Galant into a shopping cart with that spoiler.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    do you think someone will actually buy that thing?

I hope someone does just so it can at least be turned into something pleasurable to look at.

im diggin the shift knob...ohhh yeaaaaa
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

haha someone is going to buy it and come to TGC and show off their modified Galant. ahahahahaha

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    i hope yall notice that the hood its primer n not CF
    03 I4

haha, he should of gotten a read CF hood instead of that wing

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    that cheap. someone should buy it and fix it
    LOL. Buy it and fix it?

its not worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by boochieboy View Post
    When a seller lists features like "rear window" you kind of expect a wing like that on the trunk lid.
    Haha I noticed that too. It also has a door ajar warning and headlight control! Hooray!

kill it with fire.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Wow, that is like my favorite Galant ever. I don't which is the best part, the "cf" hood, or the airplane wing, for sure the shifter, or maybe the white.. and black and blue and red. Oh man, I have to buy this!!
    })({ Heather })({

- "If you never take risks, you'll have a wasted soul."

LOL I think someone should start a thread along the lines of
    "Things not to do when modding your Galant" and just list all the pictures off this ad......

We already have a thread like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazepr24 View Post
    LOL I think someone should start a thread along the lines of
    "Things not to do when modding your Galant" and just list all the pictures off this ad......
    We do
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Bored tonight so I made a funny lol. Hope I didn't offend anyone...

Guide on How to Rice your 8G Galant
    ====================

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damages or ridicule....

Spoiler
    The spoiler. Where it all began. The spoiler came out long ago, becoming one of the first universal mods readily available to Mr. Boy Racer. The fact behind the spoiler is that it increases rear wheel traction at high speeds by pushing air up, thus forcing the car down. The popular theory behind the spoiler is that it will make any car faster. As an example, think of an airplane. Now, take the same wing on that 747 airplane, don't change the size of it, flip it over and put it on two posts taped on the trunklid of your 8G. Bam, you have what 98% of fast cars in America have. A sick spoiler suited for your average FWD race car.

The pic above is our most popular and widely accepted aftermarket metal wing. What makes it so popular? It's universal! You could put it on your Accord, your Altima, hell you could even rig it on your saturn VUE if you wanted to. I've seen this wing on a dozen different import models and somehow it looks amazing on every car! Even Porsche might have a few things to learn from this wing!

This is your typical Evo VI spoiler. It's official name is the (according to the owner) a "Custom Galant Spoiler" (Kick it up a notch with VR4). This plastic/FB spoiler weighs a lot in comparison with it's sister metal wings, but that actually turns out to be beneficial. That weight translates to an extra 20 pounds of rear traction for your beast 8G (like you need it), which is what spoilers are there to do in the first place.

Exhaust
    The exhaust is the second most important piece of a successful racer. The idea of a sporty exhaust is in fact a great idea, and can add real power to your engine if done right. "But doing it right costs lots of money Joe! I can't afford that!" Lucky for you, Wal Mart carries full exhaust systems for under $30. How can you pack in a full system for $30? Simple. Here enters the 4" universal chromed-out paint can tip. It looks good and can fit up to stock 1/2" tailpipes, but thats just the beginnig. It also makes shit louder, crazy louder. When a civic is properly equipped with a Sam's Choice Complete Exhaust System (pep boys is a good second option), it can easily drown out the sound of dual flowmasters on more powerful V8s, especially when combo'd with an intake. Here is the most common exhaust available today:

This is actually the end of a professional exhaust system on a supra costing thousands of dollars. Why did I include it? Because it is a great example of a huge ass tip. As a general rule, exhaust tips do not need to be much bigger than your stock exhaust piping, and if you got some thick pipes, you need to invest in dual or quad tips (think m5, not one of those new camrys).
    Is 12inches and 2000dB not enough for you? Do you often dream about those sweet afterburners on jets like in the movie Top Gun?

Paint
    What is one of the biggest factors in your car buying process? The color. Some cars look good in certain colors and some don't. Some owners have taken this idea to a new extreme, coming up with wild color combinations on their own rides. Because paint is cheap and easy, a lot of people are hitting their interiors with a coat of spray to really bring it out. At this point in time, the worst thing you could do to your car would be leaving it unpainted.

This is what's left of a boring tan interior after the owner walked out of the store with six blue spray paint cans and a dream. Seriously, I don't know why Mitsu doesn't make cars look like this stock. Awesome. "But Joe, wouldn't carbon fiber make the interior look better than that delicious blue/gold paint?" Short answer, yes, carbon fiber would be awesome. However, they haven't come out with carbon fiber spray paint yet, so it's really out of the question for most owners. Of course, you can vinyl wrap it but that's another subject.

What happens when average Joe steps up to an empty canvas and lets loose? This beautiful vehicle is the result. It used to be a boring stock colored Galant, but now it's a Green and Purple speed machine. The Disney-esqe candy green/purple combination is very popular on the streets, especially around young high school kids. I salute this car's awesomeness and only dream that my car could be half of what it is (or at least one of those colors).

Custom-Lighting
    Sure, now that you have a tall wing, a bangin exhaust and some fresh hues, you think your set to go. Not so fast- Your car is going to look stock at night, and that is a problem. If you're trying to avoid the stock look (which is why you are here), then you need to light that shit up. Custom lighting is cheap, and is easy install. It involves tapping power sources, taking off interior panels, and stuff that most owners should know how to do by now. So, if you have a weekend with nothing to do, a handful of LED's and some wire, you're ready to rig your ride like a UFO.

First, you have to start on the exterior. This is the key part of your car that will set you apart from the crowd. Fog lights are a great add on. What more could you ask for than small lights that tape onto anywehre you want? You can easily wedge 3 or 4 of these on each side of your bumper, and be able to light up the road like daytime. Underbody neons are another solid addition, thanks to The Fast and the Furious 1,2,& 3. While they are pictured, they put out an aura of color underneath your car which increases your cool factor by like 16.

After you've gotten a few fog lights and a neon or two under your belt, it's time to tackle the interior. This adds aesthetic appeal, as well as functionality for various nighttime activities taking place in your car. The key here is to light up as much as you can, in the best places you can think of, in the most ridiculous colors. See example. Lights under the dash? Sounds crazy, but this owner pulled it off, and it doesn't look half that bad.
    While spoilers and paint can attract attention in the daytime, nothing brings more attention to your car at night than lights. Think about it: when people see two boring yellow lights coming at them at night, they won't cast a second glance. When they are blinded by two purple beams with eight small fog lights below topped with two hood LED's coming at them, they are bound to give your ride a second look. Think about your girlfriend (or boyfriend) when they sees that purple haze coming from the vents. It's really common sense. The more you can make your car look like a Christmas tree, the better. Follow that rule, and you can't go wrong.

Custom Exterior
    Why go to all lenghts to soup up your ride if it still look bland? That's where vinyl comes in. Vinyl is a cheap alterative to paint and can be replaced at any time.

This is a fine example of an 8G owner who wants to scream out "I'm a race car!". Notice his car looks stock but those race vinyl gives it an aggressive look that makes other cars tremble.

This 8G owner used vinyl that represents aftermarket part companies that he obviously don't possess (except for the Teckademics banner which he might be part of...). To an ordinary driver, TEINS or BREMBO may look fascinating but that's where psychology comes in. What they see is what they believe in.

Vinyl cannot be limited to just company advertisement. Here you see a 8G trunk wrapped in Carbon Fiber Vinyl. Carbon Fiber is expensive and may require real money for purchase. Now you can enjoy the luxury of carbon fiber without spending an arm or a leg for the real thing. Now if only they invented carbon fiber paint spray we're in business...

Re-Badge
    Our final step is to advertise your already special ride, even if that means to falsely mislead them. You can't spell rice without the word ice so adding small trinklets can take your car to a whole new level.

This fine specimen used a VR-4 embem to enhance his already enhanced Galant. Notice the aftermarket rear bumper? That's JDM fitment (another topic which I'll describe at a later time) which gives the VR-4 emblem more credibility. You have to use a little psychology as well as some creativity in order for it to work.

Here's another example: this 8G owner used a VR-X emblem to represent the Diamante owners out there.

Finished Product
    Thats all there is to it. There are some other things like body kits, wheels, etc that you can add on, but all that costs real money (or not, if you sell rocks) and thats not the point of this guide. I wish you luck with with all of your future customizing, and hope you have enjoyed this guide. If you have any questions about what was said, please do not hesitate to comment in the forum. I'll leave you with what your completed ride might look like if you followed this guide:

LOL ooops my bad ya!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12