The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EDM/JDM Galant Avance 2003 station wagon (big pics!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Banned
    that hatch is pure Sex.

Beautiful wagon! ;-)

looks good

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    Its not a Legnum mate ;) We europeans are so lucky to get our Gs with all the goodies fram Japan. Exept the VR-4 engine and drivetrain :( DOnt even get AWD on the 8th generation.
    CSJ: Yeah, get rid of the wood :P That belongs in boats
    Working on it... The new panels are in a box under my neighbour's sofa for the time being, and she won't let me have them back until spring, then the weather's warmer. Then again, she told me if I don't ask for them back until March, she'll let me use her studio where the temperature's pretty stable to finish the paint job. So, in late March/early April, I'll have a center console in black metallic paint. And it looks bloody good already! :)

Quote Originally Posted by platano View Post
    that hatch is pure Sex.
    I'm planning on getting a VR-4 rear spoiler for it once I can convince the local Mitsubishi dealership that yes, it's still available, yes, you have to special order it for me from Japan, and yes, I know it'll cost me my soul to get it, just bloody get it already!

...so far, they refuse to listen to me. What's wrong with this picture? There I am, cash in hand, ready to shovel over a boatload of money for a piece of plastic that both they and I know is available; I'm willing to wait for a month to get it, yet they refuse to order it for me? Gah!
    Last edited by csj; 01-16-2009 at 06:03 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Galant View Post
    lookin good and its clean!!!
    Thanks! :)

Funny thing is, it's 98% stock :) The only mods are lowering springs and aftermarket alloys - the rest is as it was when it came from the factory. :)

Quote Originally Posted by csj View Post
    I'm planning on getting a VR-4 rear spoiler for it once I can convince the local Mitsubishi dealership that yes, it's still available, yes, you have to special order it for me from Japan, and yes, I know it'll cost me my soul to get it, just bloody get it already!

...so far, they refuse to listen to me. What's wrong with this picture? There I am, cash in hand, ready to shovel over a boatload of money for a piece of plastic that both they and I know is available; I'm willing to wait for a month to get it, yet they refuse to order it for me? Gah!
    I have tryed many times to get special parts from Japan. no luck :p

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    I have tryed many times to get special parts from Japan. no luck :p
    If there's a will, there's a way. ;)

Time for an update:

I went to a fellow member of The Norwegian Mitsubishi Club this Sunday to get some new lights on the car. He'd done it before on his own car, he has a garage to work in, and was willing to help me. He ended up doing the work while I watched, but apparently he was fine with that. I don't know if he's on this forum, but if he is - BIG THANKS! :)

Front taken off:

Driver's side attachment:

Passenger side attachment:

Lights attached:

Fisheye view:

First test alignment... just slightly off ;)

Lots of light:

All done and reassembled:

On the long way home... the lights need a bit of readjustment, as you can see. I managed to adjust them so that they at least look the same, so now they are both aimed at the angle of the right light. They rub the mesh in the fender, which prohibits further adjustment, so either I have to add something between the crash bar and the light attachment, or else I may end up having to buy a new set of lights.

And yes, it really was pitch black.

Daylight snap. I also got the VR-4 fogs installed.

An interesting detail is that the driver's side light light (japanese passsenger's side) came fitted with blue bulbs, both the fog light and the turn (outermost) light. Does anyone know if this is common in Japan?

And yes, I know she's dirty, but I like her that way ;)
    Last edited by csj; 01-26-2009 at 08:04 AM

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Man i love that interior !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12