The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Which wires to tap in2?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    DrusBish

Which wires to tap in2?

Hey guys im installing my sidemarkers tomorrow. Which wires do I tap in2 so they can come on to my side headlight lamps and blink also? Thanks.......

Re: Which wires to tap in2?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrusBish)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey guys im installing my sidemarkers tomorrow. Which wires do I tap in2 so they can come on to my side headlight lamps and blink also? Thanks.......</div>

yo tap the wire into the parking light,, bulb wire,, if that dont work just switch the wire around,, that should work pretty good,, that what i did/

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

wrong. don't tap into the parking light. if u tap into the parking light its just gonna be a constant on whenever ur parking filiment is on. you want to tap at the turn signal filiment.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>wrong. don't tap into the parking light. if u tap into the parking light its just gonna be a constant on whenever ur parking filiment is on. you want to tap at the turn signal filiment.</div>

well yea it will stay on as long as parking light is on soo if you dont want it constant on tap into turn signal

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>wrong. don't tap into the parking light. if u tap into the parking light its just gonna be a constant on whenever ur parking filiment is on. you want to tap at the turn signal filiment.</div>
    Also Wrong. He wants them to come on with his parking lights and blink also.

Dru, you need to take one wire of the sidemarker light to each hot wire on the corner lights. This will allow your sidemarkers to be on with the parking lights and also to blink. This will work with incandescent sidemarkers, but not with LED's.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

fish is right: yeah sounds weird but it works. single filament tapped to positive parking AND positive signal; do not ground the side marker. i know, i know... positive and positive shouldn't work right? well when the parking lights are off, the bulb will find a ground in the curcuit via the flasher unit! what should happen now is when you parking lights are off, you side marker will blink in phase w/ your signal since it will see a positive and negative (signal will give positive). when your parking lights are on, it will stay on (finding a ground theought the flasher) then turn off out of phase w/ your signal since when the signal turns on, the bulb will see a true double positive from both wires.

DrusBish
    thanks for the help guys. I been real hectic(sp?) lately with my car tryin 2 get it ready for Carlisle. Not dependin on winning anything but tryin 2 get her in tip top condition for it. The sidemarkers I got are German made and Ive never seen them on any cars. Ill have 2 get u a guys a pic. I love em. I might be able 2 get more if anyone is interested. They cost me $50 to get them hear from Germany. Ill get pics ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    fish is right: yeah sounds weird but it works. single filament tapped to positive parking AND positive signal; do not ground the side marker. i know, i know... positive and positive shouldn't work right? well when the parking lights are off, the bulb will find a ground in the curcuit via the flasher unit! what should happen now is when you parking lights are off, you side marker will blink in phase w/ your signal since it will see a positive and negative (signal will give positive). when your parking lights are on, it will stay on (finding a ground theought the flasher) then turn off out of phase w/ your signal since when the signal turns on, the bulb will see a true double positive from both wires.
    yo reelax i did that way and my LED,, one works fine,, but only prob is there is lil delay in blinking..??

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

i think fish allready mentioned that this doesn't work well w/ LED. i don't have any LED bulbs on my car's exterior so i haven't had any experience w/ LED's and the flasher circuits. when you say delayed blinking... what exactly do you mean? the way the wiring works in this example, the side markers will blink out of phase when the parking lights are on.