The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: expo 4g64

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    johnd

expo 4g64

I was wondering if any one knew if the 93 expo 4g64 has the same internals as the 7g galant or if it is the same engine I have a chance to get the engine for free and I can start building my swap with out having to give up my daily driver

TGC Regular
    Yes it does. The spark plugs are different, the power steering is closer to engine so your going to need a different belt, it uses the 1G DSM A/C, different distrubitor and I think the TB is reversed. Those are some of the differences I found when I did my swap, I think the ecu are different as well because I've seen some expo/summits with different connectors than the 7G ecu.

expo engines have less valves, there are 8 in the expo motor and 16 in the galant.

just stick with the galant motor. there are other slight diffrences too.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

TGC Regular
    They have 16 valves, they just changed somethings around to fit it into the smaller engine bay of the Expo.

Quote Originally Posted by remarque View Post
    They have 16 valves, they just changed somethings around to fit it into the smaller engine bay of the Expo.
    all the expos i have seen at my yard are 8 valves. they do have 16 valve versions but those are on the newer ones and not all too comon. your more likely to have a 8 valve.

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

TGC Regular
    It says 16 valve on the valve cover. The pre 93' Expos/Summits have 8 valves, but the 93-96 have 16V.

Quote Originally Posted by remarque View Post
    It says 16 valve on the valve cover. The pre 93' Expos/Summits have 8 valves, but the 93-96 have 16V.
    yup. thanks for finding the exact years.

Ive seen expos with 16 valve engines. the 8 valve one i believe is totally different engine, which is not compatible with galant engine
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Ive seen expos with 16 valve engines. the 8 valve one i believe is totally different engine, which is not compatible with galant engine
    the 8valve is still a 4g64, but i agree it looks jacked up

johnd
    but on the expo is the block the same because that is all that i will be using i am doing the 4g63 head and turbo swap and i wanted to no if the block was the same as the galants sorry i did not specify

make sure its 7 bolt 16 valve block , thats all
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

johnd
    how could i tell if it is a 7 bolt on that block the engine is still in the expo

Flywheel
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe