The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: jewish girl needs help ?

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

jewish girl needs help ?

my 17 inch rims rub just bought them rubbing like hell? 2) where to purchase led side view mirrors gallant 03 hollagen fogs head and jdm taillights ??????????????????????????????????????

Purchase all the above at Ebay. Use Galant or Mitusbish Galant in the Search box.

rubbing agianst your shocks or upper wheel well??

if its rubbing against your shocks or inner (not upper) wells it could be your rear control arm bushings are gone and you will need to replace... I dont see any other reason 17s should rub on a 8g... Sorry I know I dont have a 8G but I use to have a sentra whose stocks were 15 and I threw 17 and they rubbed too... when I took them off I saw they were rubbing against my shocks... had to replace the bushings... hope this helps...

But I am sure others will be able to provide a better answer.
    Last edited by Blazepr24; 02-22-2009 at 01:59 PM Reason: Sorry I meant 8G.... my bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazepr24 View Post
    rubbing agianst your shocks or upper wheel well??

if its rubbing against your shocks or inner (not upper) wells it could be your rear control arm bushings are gone and you will need to replace... I dont see any other reason 17s should rub on a 7g... Sorry I know I dont have a 7G but I use to have a sentra whose stocks were 15 and I threw 17 and they rubbed too... when I took them off I saw they were rubbing against my shocks... had to replace the bushings... hope this helps...

But I am sure others will be able to provide a better answer.
    She doesn't have a 7G, either. This is posted in the 8G section.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    What is the offset on the wheels and what size tires do you have?
    7g for life!

Sorry... I meant 8G

If you mean rubbing the curb which is why you want the LED side view learn to drive. On 8G you should have 225/50/17 I believe is the most correct size and if thats the size you got and they're rubbing like said above check your bushing.

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    If you mean rubbing the curb which is why you want the LED side view learn to drive. On 8G you should have 225/50/17 I believe is the most correct size and if thats the size you got and they're rubbing like said above check your bushing.
    225/45r17.

but that might not b the problem... what are the width and offset of the wheels? if the tires are the correct diameter (around 25") and within reasonable width (less than 8"), it has to be the width of the wheel and/or the offset is either to high or low placing the tire into the fender or conversely into the suspension. offset should be between + 35mm-50mm depending on width. where exactly is it rubbing? is the car even lowered?

hey guys im a girl be easy dudes the tires on my 2003 v6 are 244/45/r17. any answers for my upgrades

^ get yourself 225/45/17 that's what i have and dont rub

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Well depending on what width/offset wheel she has, she still may rub even with the correct size tires.
    7g for life!

244? thats wide
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Welcome in to the Forums :)

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    i dont even understand what youve typed

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    hey guys im a girl be easy dudes the tires on my 2003 v6 are 244/45/r17. any answers for my upgrades
    Those tires are pretty wide and I think you meant 245/45/17. Thats way too wide for a 8g Galant...I would go with a 225/45/17 tire instead.

Is your car lowered?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

I've seen 1 galant with 245 width tires, and that's 6G72 gearhead's car, but his suspension setup is so stiff that it wouldn't rub and that's for autox purposes, I'm running 235 width and I'm lowered quite a bit but my fenders are cut in the rear to prevent rubbing, we need to know the width of the wheels and the offset.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by ZigenScarface View Post
    i dont even understand what youve typed
    Haha im with you. Yeah 245 is wide.

Oh and welcome to TGC :)

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

my 2nd gen jdm tails still available, just waiting on you.