The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Relocating Hazard Switch...

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Relocating Hazard Switch...

Hey guys and gals I was wondering if any of you have an idea where would be the next best place to relocate the hazard switch instead of where it is currently. Reason why I am asking is because I want to place a analog clock with a light or a digital clock that rectangular space is (kinda like the Infiniti clocks). However, I am not sure how to go about this. If anyone is willing to try this out and do a tutorial it would be great.

Relocating the button would be easy, just extend the wires and run them to wherever you want it to be. Down by the fog light switch would be a good place.

Are you gonna have room for a clock on that center vent? There's not much space where that switch is...
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    will it fit?

i would love to see this. make sure its a Breitling like a Bentley! haha

you'll have to use a tiny ass clock to fit it in the location that the hazard swtich is in.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    will it fit?
    I am not exactly sure, but when I get some time in the few weeks I will try to check how much space there is...if anyone else wants to jump on this project that would be great too.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    nice idea never thought of it

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Very, Very Small Area + Clock, i think thats spot was truely meant for an Ejection Button!

Analog Clock :Anyways you can buy a Desk Clock ( like for work or something) that comes in a wooden housing in which you could just take out. I would try to find something like this : http://www.pebblez.com/pictures/ston...ll-clock-2.jpg . Sand down the heart to a point the mechanical part of the clock is showing. Then Either keep it wood, OR build a housing for it from an OEM part that you purchase aswell would look much better, could be anything that's cheap and has the same interior color and material, EX: a Fuse box cover http://i9.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/26/cc/c10e_1.JPG, you can easily cut it to the size you need, of course could be really anything. Place the Clock into the area that was cut and make sure it fits have the hole a little smaller than it should be so its a tight squeeze and looks clean. Take the Hazard button out and relocated it, search for Tut. Use a Dremel and cut out the dimensions for the new center piece. From there on you need to Relocate the battery housing for the clock. You cannot take the AA batteries or w/e out of an Analog clock and wire it to a 12v source as when ever you turn your car off, you just turned your clock off so the time will never be correct. So unscrew the battery housing from the clock and two wires should be exposed, extend the wires using the same guage to a place where the batteries are hidden and accessible. An idea would be the ashtray if you dont smoke. Now that everything is in working order and ready to Tick Finalize the job by using putty to make the area that you cut smooth and "undercover" and simply paint it up to match

Oh and make the clock Glow in the Dark! lol

I can possibly start doing this but if it turns out like crap i wont lol, Dont mess with your hazard untill you have the clock ready to be mounted ect. last thing you want is a big ass hole in your center consol area...

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Why not put a fingerprint biometrics car starter?

(probably expensive as hell, lol)

http://www.alibaba.com/product/safeh...m_System_.html

or a quick start button wouldnt be such a bad idea, dude idk about the clock it kinda sounds silly cause it wont really look good IMO ill PS it soon, but dude theres prob some sweet custom things you can put there, like a back up camera if your bad at backing up, or a hands free kit where your phone connects via bluetooth and ur callers voice comes out the speakers, parrot makes a cool one check it out, i would research more usefull things apposed to an analog clock that prob wont really look too great

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

good ideas there. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Heres a pic of your Analog Clock idea

IMO it doesnt look good at all...

~Gabe

blue8g
    i think a starter button would be SWEET!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Check this out bitches..

Mitsubishi clock from an 04-06 Outlander.. Has four wires coming out of the back +Illumination, -Illumination, +Power, -Ground.. Easy to wire up.. Lights up white..

Jeff you should install that in your G itd look very Aristocratic with your Plaid headliner! (is there a tutorial?) a good spot for it would be in the Bottom Din of the bezel or where the hazard is, you can probably cut down the vents so that they are still there but make them smaller the heat may get too hott for the clock and eventually F it up, so you can take two plastic strips, wide as the inside of the vent and feed it down into the AC/Heat behind the vents a few inches, then use heat resistant glue to attack the two pieces, Paint the white casing, then mold to look flush, im sure im making this sound much easier then it is, but Heres a PS example

~Gabe

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I'll probably get it FG'd somewhere.. I don't have a radio pocket because of the carputer.. And it's too big to fit between the vents.. I don't want to cut them either.. We'll see.

I never made a tutorial for the headliner.. Next time I do it, I'll take pics and make one..